My husband and I spent three nights in one of the suites at Parrot Cove. Our room included a queen bed, and a large closet, as well as a kitchenette (fridge, microwave, sink), and a seperate sitting area. The room opened on one side to the pool, and had a sliding door with a patio on the beach on the other side.
Everything about this hotel was excellent, but the service was especially worth mentioning. I contacted the hotel in advance via email to book the room, and was impressed from the first contact. Romeo in the front office went out of his way to answer questions and assist with our booking. He even set up transportation for us, to arrive at the hotel from another city in Belize.
When we arrived the service continued, from Romeo, Rob and Rob's wife. Anything we needed was provided, and I felt very comfortable during our entire stay.
The room itself was quite large and the bed was comfortable. The hotel is located on a pristine beach, with plenty of chairs to lounge. The town of Hopkins is by my estimate about 1.5 miles from the hotel. We walked in to town once, but it was a pretty long walk, so switched to biking the next time. I didn't feel comfortable biking or walking at night, so we did not eat dinner in town, but did some shopping and lunch eating during the day. One thing of note is that depending on the time of year, you may not find much open near the hotel. We were thankful to have brought breakfast food and our own snacks since the only other option was to go in to town for food. It's definitely a quiet place, there were a few others staying at the hotel, but I could go most of the day without seeing anyone.
In the evenings there are a couple restaurants that are walkable from Parrot Cove for dinner. We ate at the hotel next door twice, and we ate at the hotel restaurant on site once. It was declicious, with very large portions. I highly reccommend it!
Overall if I return to Hopkins I will plan to stay here again. The service was top notch, and the location was peaceful and tranquil.
- Also Known As:
- Parrot Cove Hotel Hopkins
- Parrot Cove Hotel
- Parrot Cove Lodge Belize/Hopkins
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the beach just south of the village of Hopkins, Parrot Cove Lodge is a petit resort centrally located between the reef and the rainforest. Parrot Cove Lodge is the perfect location whether you are seeking offshore and inland adventures, or simply looking for rest and relaxation. We are the home of Chef Rob’s Gourmet Café one of Belize’s top ranked restaurants and Hopkins Underwater Adventures, a world class dive operation. Come enjoy the Caribbean breeze under the open-air thatch roof of our pier, relax at our fresh water pool and let your adventure begin as you explore the many wonders of Belize! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Parrot Cove Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.