My husband, sister, brother-in-law, and I stayed at Mama Noots in August of 2013 and what an AMAZING time we had!!!
Vidal was the awesome man who brought us to our resort - and ended up our tour guide on other expeditions - so kind and knowledgable!!
The resort is beautiful, welcoming, and truly warm! There are hikes all around - we did both of the waterfall hikes on our own - DEFINITELY worth the work (even in the heat and with the bugs!)!
Speaking of bugs, there are these things called Doctor Flies - do not fool yourself - Deet is the ONLY thing that will stop these creatures (I tried everything from skin-so-soft, hemp lotion, Off, etc). And make sure you pack plenty of clothes to sweat in - there was no A/C - but the rooms had a nice breeze.
The food was INCREDIBLE - thanks to Sean!! He even made us a special dessert one night per request of my husband! The menu was different each night - with such wonderful flavors and cooked perfectly! I am gluten and dairy sensitive - this was not a problem for Sean - he made each meal with such detail - selecting the freshest meats, fruits, and veggies each day.
Natalie was our fantastic host! She arranged all of our expeditions - the Mayan Ruins, cave tubing (SO AWESOME!!!), and the Riverboat tour (we saw Howler monkeys, crocodiles, birds hanging in bird houses (hard to describe), huge spiders, tons of interesting birds, and MANATEES!!
(I know I am leaving out a ton of stuff, but we only took 1,000 picts!)
Such a fun, welcoming place to stay - we definitely want to come back!!!
Thanks to all of the INCREDIBLE people who work there - you truly made us feel like family!!!
- Also Known As:
- Mama Noots Eco Hotel
- Mama Noots Eco Hotel Dangriga
- Mama Noots Eco Resort Belize/Hopkins
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mama Noots Eco Resort is located in the heart of Mayflower Bocawina National Park. We are powered by hydro and solar. We have 9 rooms total; 6 standard rooms with ceiling fans and private bathrooms hot and cold showers, 3 deluxe rooms with private bath with hot and cold water. We have a restaurant and bar on location and we serve local food as well as other dishes and we provide vegetarian meals on request. Our on-site activities include:>Zip-lining in the longest Zipline course in Central America (Night zip-lining also available);>Waterfall Rappelling in two different waterfalls;>Hiking trough the jungle and swimming on different waterfall pools (we have 5 waterfalls);>Birdwatching tours (with local Mayan guide with over 20 years of experience);>Mayan ruin tours (the park has two unexcavated Mayan Temple Mounds, as well as many other unexplored Mayan sites). Off-site activities include Mayan Ruin tours, Monkey River tours, Cave tubing, Horseback riding in the jungle, Cultural tours, Spice farm tour, and snorkeling/diving. And our new Tikal National Park tour (Guatemala). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Mama Noots Eco Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.