First and foremost the staff of Mama Noots is what really makes this place so incredible. We fell in love with Stephanie right away as she was so genuinely nice and welcoming. She went very far above and beyond what was necessary to make sure our stay was the best it could be. Our guides; Emillio, Vidal, and Jesus were very friendly and knowledgable about the area and the activities we were going to be doing out in the jungle. These guys are troopers and really know their stuff. The bartenders Daniel and Otis were a pleasure to talk with every night. The cook Sean prepared some fabulous meals every night we were there.
The rooms at Mama Noots were nice and spacious, and above all clean. The screened porch on our room was a nice touch and helped keep the bugs at bay, not 100% at bay but it's the jungle what can ya do?
The resort took care of planning our adventures and even planned lunch for us on our outings. I would definitely recommend going on the waterfall adventure hike and take as much time as you can swimming around in the pools under the falls. Zip lining was quite the experience. I didn't know what to expect as I had never been on one before. In one word, exhilarating. I can't even come to words to describe how awesome repelling down Antelope Falls was.
All in all it was a great experience out at Mama Noots. If I could change a few things it would be the bugs but once again, you're in the jungle what can ya do? And maybe add a few more local Belizean food items to the menu so you can really take in more of the culture. Besides that have a great time and know they you're in good hands at this resort.
Also, make sure to try the Fry Jacks for part of your breakfast if you get the chance, quite delicious.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bocawina Rainforest Resort & Adventures is located in the heart of Mayflower Bocawina National Park. We are powered by hydro and solar. We have 6 standard rooms, 3 rooms in Traditional Thatched Cabanas, 3 deluxe rooms, all with with ceiling fans and private bathrooms hot and cold showers. We have a restaurant and bar on location and we serve local food as well as other dishes and we provide vegetarian meals on request. Our on-site activities include: Zip-lining in the longest Zipline course in Central America (Night zip-lining also available); Waterfall Rappelling in three different waterfalls; Hiking trough the jungle and swimming on different waterfall pools (we have 5 waterfalls); Birdwatching tours (with local Mayan guide with over 20 years of experience); Mayan ruin tours (the park has two unexcavated Mayan Temple Mounds). Off-site activities include Mayan Ruin tours, Monkey River tours, Cave tubing, Horseback riding in the jungle, Cultural tours, Spice farm tour, and snorkeling/diving. And our new Tikal National Park tour (Guatemala). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Bocawina Rainforest Resort & Adventures reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mama Noots Eco Hotel Dangriga
- Bocawina Rainforest Resort & Adventures Belize/Hopkins