We stayed at Mama Noots for one night and it was wonderful!
The adventure began with ziplining which was pure fun and excitement. The zips go from slow to fast, from long to short runs but all of them are different. And in addition we did repelling inbetween some of the zips for an additional kick! Just great!
The guides did a wonderful job with explaning the how-tos and the specifics of each zip. I felt totally safe and had no concerns at all. In front of us was a group with a little kid (I'd say 6 years old) and he did all the zips, either by himself or together with a guide. Brave young guy!
The equipment was fairly new and even the helmets did not have the 100people-wore-it-before-smell =)
After ziplining we repelled the "smaller" of the two waterfalls. WOW! First a ride through the jungle, then a 15min hike (wear your OFF! spray!!) and then you see the beautiful waterfalls. For me, the smaller version was absolutely enough to get my thrill!
Again, the guides did a good job; even when I slipped and splashed into the water ;-)
I recommend wearing long pants and longsleeves to escape the mosquitos.
The lodge itself was absolulety wonderful! Great, organic? food that tasted just YUMMY, whether for lunch, dinner or breakfast. Be aware that the lodge is right in the jungle, so there will be bugs and beetles of all sizes. I discovered a little scorpion in the shower which was already drowned. The beds are covered with Mosquito nets to keep unwelcome guests out which worked out fine. Bring a flashlight for after dark since power might not be available 24/7. The room has mosquito net windows so we had a nice breeze and did not need to use the fans.
Highlight for us was simply the sound of the jungle. It is amazing! Birds will wake you up with the weirdest sounds and howler monkeys might sing you a (looouud) lullaby.
Absolutely a great tip for outdoor people!
P.S.: For people with a rental car: Call and check the road condition before you go.
For people without a rental car: Call and ask for a pick up at the southern highway junction (might $ extra).
- Also Known As:
- Mama Noots Eco Hotel
- Mama Noots Eco Hotel Dangriga
- Mama Noots Eco Resort Belize/Hopkins
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mama Noots Eco Resort is located in the heart of Mayflower Bocawina National Park. We are powered by hydro and solar. We have 9 rooms total; 6 standard rooms with ceiling fans and private bathrooms hot and cold showers, 3 deluxe rooms with private bath with hot and cold water. We have a restaurant and bar on location and we serve local food as well as other dishes and we provide vegetarian meals on request. Our on-site activities include:>Zip-lining in the longest Zipline course in Central America (Night zip-lining also available);>Waterfall Rappelling in two different waterfalls;>Hiking trough the jungle and swimming on different waterfall pools (we have 5 waterfalls);>Birdwatching tours (with local Mayan guide with over 20 years of experience);>Mayan ruin tours (the park has two unexcavated Mayan Temple Mounds, as well as many other unexplored Mayan sites). Off-site activities include Mayan Ruin tours, Monkey River tours, Cave tubing, Horseback riding in the jungle, Cultural tours, Spice farm tour, and snorkeling/diving. And our new Tikal National Park tour (Guatemala). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Mama Noots Eco Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.