“Luckie US to find Luckie” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 15 Attractions in Hopkins
More attraction details
Owner description: We specialize in small group charters in order to provide excellent personalized service to our guests. Book a charter with us for fishing, snorkeling, river tours, island hopping and more! We will customize the trip to suit your interests. We also provide water taxi service. Luckie is a licensed tour guide, boat captain and PADI professional with experience in the industry since 2003. He is committed to providing a safe, fun and educational experience with minimal impact on the environment.
Calgary, Canada
“Luckie US to find Luckie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Luckie and his assistant on the boat, Monster, gave our family of 4 an amazing snorkeling tour to the reefs off Hopkins and to Tobacco Cay today. Luckie is a Dive Master and Instructor and although we are all certified divers he made sure everyone was comfortable in the water before really getting us diving down to see lobster, crab, eagle rays, shrimp cleaning groupers, jack fish, eels, scorpion fish, lion fish, puffer fish, sting rays, flounder and a myriad of coral and barracuda... and ...
So yeah, go snorkelling with Luckie and enjoy the day!!!

Leetonia, Ohio
“Great snorkeling and fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

If I could rate this a 10 I would. We had a perfect trip. We spent a 1/2 day snorkeling and fishing the reef. Luckie & Monster Man were awesome. Caught Barracuda, Hog Fish, Lobster and saw more colorful fish than we ever have on other trips. I will be back to Hopkins and will definitely find Luckie for our next snorkeling adventure!

Calgary, Canada
“Best fishing and night river tour in Belize!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My wife and I and another couple went on a fishing/night river tour with Lucky and I really can't say enough good things about Happy Go Luckie Tours.

To start with let me say Lucky is a true class act, we booked last minute and wanted to do some fishing as well as the night tour. Lucky was extremely accommodating. They let us do some river fishing before the tour started and Lucky answered all our questions about the various fish, jelly fish, sting rays and anything else we asked. Lucky has over 5000 dives to his name (you read that right, 5000 dives) you can be assured he knows the answer to your questions.
When it was finally dark enough Lucky took us up river with some powerful flashlights and the night time jungle river tour began! Lucky and his crew (Munster Man) are amazing guides. They spotted many crocodiles, iguanas, spiders, birds, coatimundi and many more! This was such an amazing experience I didn't think it could get better.

Then Lucky made a sharp turn and took the boat through this secret hand made jungle river tunnel that leads to a hidden lagoon. We were amazed to be in the natural bioluminescence of the glowing lagoon. Everything that moved was lit up with a glowing blue light. You could see everything move! This tour without a doubt is the best tour I've ever been on. There is nothing like it out there.

As well, Lucky had a cooler full if ice for any beverages you felt like bringing.

I will be back to Belize and I will do all of my water tours with Happy Go Luckie Tours.

Grapevine, Texas
“Snorkel tour”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Lucky was thoughtful and articulate. The ride to the reef was 45 minutes of small boat bouncing that was fatiguing. Orange life jackets are NOT good seat cushions. Expensive, for minimal services.

Visited February 2013
LuckieGial, Owner at Happy Go Luckie Tours, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your honesty and it will help us to improve in the future. We are very sorry that your snorkel charter was not what you were hoping it would be. We are also sorry that we were not able to work with you to make you a satisfied customer as we want to make our trips a satisfying and positive experience for all our guests. Had we known you were uncomfortable or unsatisfied we would have done our best to rectify the situation.

Your review does give me a chance to explain our pricing and what sets us apart from some of our competitors. We strive to be a professional and safe operation and this involves having current tour guide licence, tour operator license, boat captain license, boat registration, boat license, and tour operator insurance. All this and the cost of gas at almost $6 US per gallon is why our prices may be a little higher than other operators who choose to do tours without license. We also operate as a charter tour so we are offer a private tour experience. Our half day charter is currently $440 BZ ($220 US) so for this reviewer's family of four each person pays $55 US. This is actually cheaper than what the resorts offer for the same tour and we feel a very reasonable price. The same tour for two people would be $110 US each but the guest has the benefit of a private tour not having to share the boat with other tourists so we feel it is still good value.

As for the bumpy ride...yes at times the sea can get a bit choppy and Luckie is an experienced captain and tries to operate the boat as smoothly as possible during choppy conditions. We regret that your ride was uncomfortable and have already been working on getting proper seat cushions to make the ride more pleasant for our guests.
Whitehorse, Canada
“Personalized trip of a lifetime!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Happy Go Luckie Tours are a top-notch operation. I did 3 tours with Luckie and his crew - a water taxi trip, a snorkelling & fishing trip, and the night river tour. I felt very safe and confident in this professional operation. The boat is outfitted with safety gear and Captain Luckie and his crew exude competence. Before I go on to rave about the tours themselves, let me give a huge salute to the quiet and energy efficient boat motor. I loved that there were no smelly fumes and that we could enjoy a conversation without shouting over engine noise! The tours were all excellent. In addition to being a skilled guide, Captain Luckie is a cheerful and fun gentleman. He is very patient and encouraging. He is also a wealth of information about the sea and it's many creatures. Most of all, I appreciate his integrity and commitment to the protection of this gorgeous Meso-American reef. If you want an experience to remember - be it fishing, snorkelling or touring - I highly recommend Happy Go Luckie Tours. You will have a personalized trip of a lifetime - worth every penny!!

Visited January 2013