“couldn't have been better!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beaches And Dreams

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hopkins
Beaches And Dreams
You added Beaches And Dreams to your Saves list
PO Box 193, Hopkins, Belize   |
Ranked #2 of 14 Hopkins B&B and Inns
Longmont, Colorado
“couldn't have been better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We found everything we needed at Beaches and Dreams! Tony and Angela, the owner/operators, concentrate on what is important to the casual traveler: clean, comfortable rooms in a welcoming environment at a great beach location. The attentive staff of fun Belizean people who took care of all of our needs, were a pleasure to spend our vacation with, and the food!...other than sampling the local fare in town, don't bother eating at any of the other resort/restaurants nearby-the food here is delicious and fresh, and Tony was always willing to let us order special requests. The most common phrases we heard at B&D was "whatever you want" "sure, we can do that" and "what can we do for you today?" Tony planned all our snorkel and jungle excursions, and kept 5 gals with divergent interests happy while taking care of all the details. While this is a remote location, we all decided there were many other things we could have done with 5 more days here, and traveling to Belize and spending our whole trip on Ambergris we would have missed so much of what is really Belize! Watching the ocean sunrise from my bed through the screen door of room 1 is something I won't soon forget...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Destin, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

A great little resort with five rooms and a restaurant, unfortunately, I was there in September and the restaurant was closed for the month, as were all the other restaurants in southern Hopkins.
My room was right on the beach, just feet from the water. The dock with lounge chairs was a great place to hang out. The temp was in the high eighties, but there was a constant cooling breeze. I would recommend this place for a vacation, but not in September if you expect to eat.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Placencia, Belize
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Beaches & Dreams (B&D) is an extremely well-run establishment located at the Southern end of Hopkins. If you're looking for clean & comfortable, not too pricey, rooms right on the beach, then B&D is a great choice.

They have five decent size cabanas. For my stay, I was in the Scarlet Macaw room. Next time I go (because I would stay here again in an instant minute), I'd like to try either the Sea Breeze or Toucan Stay, since they are closer to the beach and have better views.

Some of the nice amenities you get in the room are ceiling fans in the main room and bath, a standing fan, beach towels, water dispenser, ice chest upon request, flash light, and a bug zapper (which I didn't need since bugs didn't get in my room). Also, I live in Belize and have travelled around quite a bit and stayed at many hotels and inns, and I must say B&D has probably the best towels I have ever seen at any hotel - EVER!

On the very, very picky side, I would have loved to have had a luggage rack (I had to put my suitcase on the floor), some complimentary shampoo, and the ceiling fans' speed was very hard to change since the chains seemed not to function properly.

Every morning Jerry and Walter (the owners were on their annual vacation, but the place still ran smooth as silk) provided us with a delicious, home cooked breakfast and as much hot coffee as we wanted. It was coincidental that all three of the parties that were staying there at the time were early birds, but that was not a problem for them at all. They cheerfully had coffee ready for us by 6:00 a.m., and breakfast followed very shortly.

During my stay, the Barracuda Restaurant (onsite) was closed due to it being slow season, but I have eaten there before and can attest to how amazing the food and service is. I would highly recommend this inn to anyone staying in Hopkins.

Room Tip: Sea Breeze & Toucan Stay are closest to the ocean and have the best views.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

What a treat. This nice little place is tucked along the sandy beaches of south Hopkins. Although the dirt roads to Hopkins can be somewhat of a challenge, once you arrive you will forget about all that. Our room was right on the beach about 40 feet from the water which was close enough to hear the waves crashing all night long. Never mind that the room didn't have a/c because we wouldn't have used it anyway. The open air design with ceiling fan and floor fans makes this place a true beach getaway. We were a little disappointed that the bar and restaurant was closed until October so if your going for Tony's famous cooking I would suggest you confirm that the restaurant will be open before making your reservation. Breakfast is included which was a nice touch. No better way than to start the day with good food and a breathtaking view.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed at beaches and dreams for 7 nights in the treehouse cabana. There was three adults and we had plenty of room in the treehouse. The room has two fans that provided enough air circulation to keep the room cool enough to sleep comfortably. They provide a water bucket at the door of your room to minimize the amount of sand you were tracking in. The Beach had plenty of chairs and hammocks to relax on and also had free kayaks to take out. Right infront of the resort there was good snorkeling and the dock was always fun to jump off of. All the staff was always there to help out and always had a smile on their faces. Tony and angela were very helpful with suggestions of what to do and booking. Tony responded really quickly to all inquiries we had prior to arriving which made planning everything so much easier. The small size of the resort allowed for everyone to get to know each other and allowed for tony and angela to get to know everyone as well.

The food at the restaurant was AMAZING!! Some of the best food I have ever had and there was a very good variety to chose from. Make sure you try a dessert at least once! Their breakfasts were good and offered something different everyday. from cereal to pancakes and french toast.

I highly recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a smaller resort with numerous personal touches... they coloured coded their napkins to boys and girls. Can't wait to go back one day!

Room Tip: Treehouse cabana is at the back of the property so you don't have a view of the ocean, however y...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Beaches and Dreams definitely lived up to its name and so much more. I hated to leave and would love to go back! For the "beach" part I could have hung out on their beach every day. I enjoyed laying out on their lawn chairs, on the end of the dock, and especially in the hammocks. It was great to relax there after enjoying a kayak or a bike ride into Hopkins for lunch. I was also excitedly surprised to find out that I could snorkel free of charge right off the end of their dock. My brother and I saw a lot of really cool sea creatures in this area and my brother had quite a bit of luck fishing from the end of the dock.

As I mentioned before I would have been happy and content to just relax on the beach all day every day and gorge on the amazing dining options each night but that "dream" part of the vacation was going on all of the amazing excursions that Tony and Angie set up for us. At the beginning of the trip we gave him a list of all of the things that we wanted to do in Belize while we were there, and they not only accommodated all of those requests at great prices but also introduced me to what was one of my favorite experiences on the trip, waterfall rappelling. To have people set up your entire vacation for you, from your suggestions, without you having to worry about the transportation and haggling was a huge relief and really allowed it to be a true vacation. Thanks to Tony and Angie I was able to go out deep sea fishing, snorkeling, and zip-lining, as well as having memorable experiences at the Mayan ruins and hiking to a very cool waterfall pond.

Each night was ended with dinner and drinks at Beaches and Dreams. I kept telling myself we might try somewhere else but the food and atmosphere was too enjoyable. I especially enjoyed the Barracuda Bites, lobster, smoked combo platter, and all of the wonderful drinks. All of the staff is wonderful and easy to talk to. I looked forward to seeing them each night and it was a home away from home.

The sleeping arrangements were also excellent. Initially I was a little worried about no air conditioning but was pleased to find out that the ceiling fans were more than enough to keep the room cool throughout the day and night and the shower had great water pressure. Again, another plus.

Thanks for the amazing trip. I hope to be back soon!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed at Beaches and Dreams for a week. It is a quiet, beautiful place. If you like quiet, adventure and don't mind the feeling of staying in a cabin, then you will love this Inn. Rooms have everything you need to be comfortable. Very clean, basic. No Air Conditioning (only celing fans) or TV. 5 different rooms are available. Go on great adventures or just relax, its all available here. The resturant is one of the best places you will eat. We did the all day fishing trip. That evening Tony (the chef) cooked the fish for us and it was outstanding. If you are into Ancient Ruins you must visit the Xunantunich Ruins / Clarissa Falls. When at the Ruins you are able to see into Guetemaula. Cockscomb Basin Jaguar Preserve is a great tour of the jungle. You will go with a guide. Watch out for the Howler monkeys, they will try to pee on you as you walk underneath. You will be lead to the Falls and you can cool off by taking a dip in the water. The road through the center of Hopkins is a dirt road. The village is very interesting with many local artist displaying their crafts. The Belize brewed beer is Belikin. Very good. Tony and Angela are easygoing hosts who know a ton about Hopkins and the surrounding community. And their restaurant is delicious! What ever adventure you would like to do, Tony will help you get it scheduled. We bought the all-inclusive package which was a great value.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Beaches And Dreams? Share your experiences!