“Terrified of Heights” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bocawina Adventures & EcoTours Ltd.

Bocawina Adventures & EcoTours Ltd.
Bocawina Rainforest Resort & Adventures | Mayflower Bocawina National Park, Hopkins, Belize
+501 664-5554
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Hopkins
More attraction details
Owner description: Bocawina Adventures is part of Bocawina Rainforest Resort & Adventures, an eco-resort located inside the Mayflower Bocawina National Park. Bocawina Zipline is the Longest ZipLine Course in Central America, At 2.5 Miles long with 12 platforms, 3 runs over 2,000 ft, longest run 2300 ft. Also Night Flying, we are located within Mayflower Bocawina National Park, with 5 Water falls you can hike or be guided. You can swim in the emerald pools. We also do waterfall rappelling off Antelope Falls and Bocawina Falls, with a rappel of 500 ft and 100 ft. Day & Night Canopy hiking tours, Great Birding over 237 sited on and around property, Mountain Bike, Great Factory Tours. Also offer Mayan Ruins Tours, Snorkeling/Diving, Fishing or Day at the Beach, Monkey River Tours & Placencia, Horseback riding, Cave Tubing & ATM Caving.
Emeryville, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Terrified of Heights”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We put the zipline off until the last morning of our stay and only did it then because the front desk asked. However, we couldn't be happier to have had this experience with this crew. Jesus and Tony took my husband and I with another guest of the great Mama Noots Resort (whom we'd already met) to the zipline on short notice. My husband was a very confident zipliner who had no issues and loved the experience with these guys. On the other hand, I'm terrified of heights, did well on the short hike up, then went into hysterics in front of Jesus on the first platform after my husband went ahead of me. Jesus handled this extremely well and was reassuring while also moving me along to not give me time to panic any worse. I felt tremendously reassured by both Jesus' and Tony's commitment to safety, which they fully explained. After the first run, the panic subsided and I was able to enjoy the remaining 11! platforms and the beautiful views it offered. Jesus was also able to use the other guest's iPhone to obtain video of what it was like to go down some of the runs, which was amazing to look at later. As a converted fan of Ziplining (at least when I have proof of safety) I - and my husband - could not recommend this more.

Columbiana, Ohio
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Not zipline but hike to Mayflower Waterfalls”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Couldn't find a listing for this hike which is in the same park as the zipline. Beautiful jungle trail until you hit the steepest stair part and the ropes you must pull yourself up with and then use to rapel back down literally. My Husband and I couldn't make it. Must be extremely physically fit. Otherwise a wonderful hike. Heard some warthogs in the woods and saw many cool birds.

West Monroe, Louisiana
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“April, 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

2 1/2 miles of fun! very safe, very friendly, at least Jesus and Cesar were. Cesar was also very informative about the plants and trees in the rain forest. My husband and I were by ourselves but ahead of us were small children that went across with one of the guides. World of patience with the little ones.

Columbus, Ohio
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Awesome, awesome, awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The views were amazing!! The guides were all about safety. They took time to share information about their culture and some of the plants and trees we passed.

Visited March 2013
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Rockin the zip line with Manuel and Jose”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This review cannot even begin to describe how wonderful the Bocawina zip line was yesterday! I'm writing this review at my hotel in Hopkins and I have to say that taking my 13 year old son through the canopy yesterday has been the highlight of my trip so far. Manuel and Jose were very friendly, attentive, safety conscious and helpful. Between runs I peppered them both with questions about local flora, fauna and history to which they were patient and helpful as they answered very knowledgeably. The folks that work here are exceptional ambassadors of their wonderful county - I'm so very glad I got to meet them and that I chose the Bocawina Zip line. Oh, I almost forgot to mention....the zip line is fairly new, so I felt incredibly safe and secure and I was able to relax and enjoy the rides!!!

Visited March 2013