In my opinion, this must be the BEST place in Hopkins, which must also be the best place in Belize! If you are looking for a beautiful beach away from the crowds for a relaxing and highly enjoyable vacation, this is the place. The grounds are lovely and well maintained, right on the beach. Jaguar Reef and Almond Beach are virtually the same place and the restaurant and swimming pool ( both also right on the beach) are shared. We stayed in an Ocean view room in Jaguar Reef, which is a lovely thatched roof cabana, very large room and bathroom, with a couple of chairs and a hammock on the deck outside. We also visited some of the rooms of Almond Beach and thought they would be equally comfortable, The staff were all extremely welcoming and helpful.
Best of all was just relaxing or taking a walk on the lovely beach which is so long, you were never aware of there being many other people We took the snorkelling trip out to the reef arranged by the hotel, which I also recommend. They arrange a number of other trips which we didnt take as we had been travelling around Guatemala for 3 weeks and just wanted to relax.
The hotel restaurant is OK, but there are 2 or 3 other places just 5 minutes walk down the beach which were very good.
When we return, which we definitely will, I would rent a car and drive down from Belize city ,and then we would also have the car to visit other places nearby. Much more economical probably than taking the hotel tours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The enchanting waters and lush landscapes of Belize create a land of rugged adventure, romantic isolationism, and natural coexistence. Verdant rainforests house thousands of species of wildlife and hide ancient Mayan ruins within their depths. The intricate coral reef systems just offshore are renowned for marine diversity and provide some of the best environments for underwater exploration. Taking full advantage of the adventure potential of this idyllic destination, Jaguar Reef Lodge incorporates the comfort of exceptional accommodations into the beauty of its natural surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Jaguar Reef Lodge and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jaguar Reef Hotel Hopkins
- Jaguar Reef Resort
- Jaguar Reef Lodge And Spa Belize/Hopkins