Jungle Jeanie's is located at the southern edge of Hopkins, right outside the village. The layout is cleverly designed with utilizingthe natural vegetation (thus the "jungle") so that each house enjoys its privacy. Each cabana has its own style and personality, which not only makes it possible to choose one with your preference (e.g. sunny rooms right by the sea, or jungle hut among the trees) but makes the whole resort feel much more natural and interesting than a sterile row of uniform huts. The location is great, with white sand, palm trees and the sun rising above the Carribean in the morning. The owners are really kind and helpful, they can help organize diving trips with favorable prices, or any other activity you would care about. It was very appealing that beside the reasonable prices they charge for the cabanas, they were not intending to squeeze more money from us: e.g. they sold beer at the same price as available in the village. With Mr Barkman's cooking skills the food is really excellent; made from fresh, local ingredients the fish was definitely the best we had during our trip. Overall, the naturally beautiful location, charming but not kitschy rooms and the owners' hospitality made Jungle Jeanie's one of the best accomodations we had on all our travels.
- Also Known As:
- Jungle Jeanie By The Sea Hotel Hopkins
- Jungle Jeanie By The Sea Hotel
- Jungle Jeanie By The Sea Belize/Hopkins
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you are looking for a private romantic beachfront get away or the perfect family vacation, Jungle Jeanie's By the Sea is the place for you. Nestled on a private acreage bordering what many consider the best shoreline in Belize, Jungle Jeanie's is one of this country's best kept secrets! Our beachfront resort offers delightful accommodations on a palm-tree lined white sandy beach with a perfect combination of relaxation and adventure. Come to Jungle Jeanie's for a vacation you will remember! ... more less