“Better than expected !!!” 4 of 5 stars

Anoasis Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Domain Ky Van, Long Hai, Vietnam   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Long Hai
Lower Hutt, New Zealand
“Better than expected !!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Anoasis for a family reunion with 19 members of our family gathering from all corners of the worlds for five nights. After reading some of the bad reviews of the Anoasis beach resort, I was a bit concerned for our stay. A general consensus from us all it was the perfect destination. A three hour bus journey from Ho Chi Minh we arrived at the Anoasis and shown our bungalows/ apartments and Family rooms, each set in beautiful garden surroundings with views overlooking the pool or ocean from our patios. I agree that some of the resort is a bit tired but really you get what you pay for. The swimming pool was ideal , nice and large. Bikes were available to venture down the road into long hai getting drink supplies for a minimal cost and communicating with the locals. Banana fritters bought from the side of the road a must. We had several young adults who ventured off on their own, joining in with the locals for coffee, a wedding and a funeral... Amazing experiences. The staff At the Anoasis were friendly , accommodating and even organised a BBQ just for our family by the pool on our last night. The inclusive Breakfast was varied and relaxing in the restaurant overlooking the sea, where many vietnamese coffees were drunk. We have wonderful memories of our stay at Anoasis in long hai and was the perfect destination for a large gathering to catch up with one another without the distractions of a larger city.

• Stayed December 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I recently spent 3 nights at this hotel with my husband and our 1.5 year old. Our experience was overall very positive. The rooms are simple, but clean and quite spacious. Our room was higher up, you had to descend some steps to get to the pool and restaurant, which meant a bit of a climb back up with my daughter and our gear in my arms, but we had a nice view of the fishing boats in the south china sea, and very quiet so it was okay. I found the food to be quite good, very local flavour and flare. I particularly enjoyed the pho at breakfast, yummy. The service was great, especially the restaurant manager who was so friendly. The beach was not the nicest I have been to, but we enjoyed watching the fishermen pull in their nets and really enjoyed interacting with them, and other locals, on the beach. We were in the water many times and it was lovely. The pool was good too. There were a lot of Vietnamese residents of Ho Chi Minh at this resort for the long holiday weekend. We did not leave the resort so cannot comment on other activities. However it does seem a bit isolated. Go here if you want an escape, vietnamese style, no frills but good service, comfort and interesting working beach where you're sure to meet locals and learn new fishing techniques!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went for a yoga retreat. Food was lovely. Room was clean, beds comfy! 25 minutes from Vung Tau but as I was not interested in leaving really enjoyed the pool, walks on the beach and the food.

I give an average rating to the cleanliness as the conference room was not cleaned daily, but the bedrooms were very clean and quite a high standard compared to other places where I have stayed in Vietnam.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

After a terrible experience at P&T in Vung Tau my husband and I drove out to Long Hai and spotted this resort. Luckily it was just after the holiday so they had a room available. The resort is just beautiful with all the flowers and well kept grounds. The private beach was awesome as the beaches in Vung Tau were so crowded and it was nice to get away after enjoying Tet. The food was good, the pool was nice and though far from city life, we drove into town and checked out the public beach/shopping. It is also fun to tell family and friends that I stayed in one of the emperor's vacation homes. The best part is that as nice as this resort is, the price is awesome compared to beach front hotels in Vung Tau, but not so great if you are looking for bustling night life.

Room Tip: The rooms are little cottages, with the ability to rent larger ones if you have a large group. One e...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ho Chi Minh City, null, Vietnam
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Bad location (beach was not nice, out of nowhere, no places for night life)
Bad design / maintenance (room was poorly designed, run down)
Bad service (no courtesy)
Extremely bad AND expensive food

This place is managed by the government (does not need to earn profit) If I were to know about this, I would not pick it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Long Hai hotels

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

The only credits I gave this place are its landscape and the close distance from HCMC.
We were excited about the swimming pool before we came but only found out it had green molds on the tiles around the pool and white tiny spots on the water. I am no expert in swimming pool maintenance so cannot claim what the white spots meant but I would not want to go in, let alone my baby.
The room is spacious with furniture made out of bamboo, not our style but it is well made. We find the food okay, despite other reviews we read. We only sticked to recommended dishes by hotel staff though. We were turned down happy hours prices on beers because "happy hours prices only cover champagne" - okay, we did not know that but no problem. Later on, the restaurant manager corrected this statement.

We have a huge issue with bed bugs we had to cut our stay short. We woke up from the only night we spent there on the hard metal sprung bed in the middle of the night covered in itch and red bumps. We checked out the next morning and talked to the manager about the bed bugs issues. The responses we received showed the lack of hospitality mentality of the management - not a single apology but "Impossible! Did you catch any bugs?", "you must be allergic to the fur of our bed sheet".
I have left with a bit of disappointment with a couple out of close to a hundred of hotels I stayed at, but never an outrage like this one. We do not have much time vacationing so we wasted a trip there. We trust you do a better job at researching than we did!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Me and my wife come here when we do our honeymoon trip, we arrange about 2 month before our arrival here. When we arrive at Vung Tau harbour, the taxi driver drive us here, he said Anoassis is 30km from the downtown of Vung Tau, at Long Hai Beach, more less 20minutes from downtown area, enjoy the town view.
First come, very quite with the very best exterior near the sea, not too hot for the sunshine (i guess, Bali is even hotter than here) and we say "worth it" with the private beach and the scene at the hotel.
We choose bungalow with large bedroom and balcony, view to the ocean, very clean. Wi-fi is so hard to connect as it is the bungalow room (far from the lobby room), it's not connect at each room. We don't bother it as we do our honeymoon trip here. When we spent our one night here, there's just only four couples here.
That's why i call this Anoassis Resort is Best Place for Honeymoon.
I like the beach, it's just only me & my wife enjoy beach at afternoon, very private (we can find any of this place in Jakarta, crowded) and the others couple enjoy the beach at noon time for sun bathing.
My opinion, just go with your couple, it will memorize always for both of you.

Room Tip: Choose the view to the ocean, you can see the south china sea from the distance.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Anoasis Beach Resort? Share your experiences!