This is my second stay at the hotel. After a pleasant stay last summer with my girlfriend, this stay was with my parents and sister.
Our experience with the hotel overall was good, the rooms were clean and spacious and was well located to face the sea. The bar had good range of drinks on offer and we enjoyed the shisha. The pool was pleasant and I really enjoyed my naps in those little shaded rattan huts by the pool.
The following issues I think the hotel can seriously consider improving:
1)The wifi, reception was weak in most places except in the middle of the restaurant and lobby, even inside the rooms signal was weak. I would seriously suggest the hotel invest in upgrading the system.
2) Breakfast quality was a disappointment, some of the food felt like they were hastily prepared, in fact I did find the food quality at the Bungalow to be the biggest weakness of this hotel, consider we were in the middle of Penang, a food paradise.
3) While staff were generally friendly and helpful, service speed and response tend to be slow, I had to call multiple times to get my safety box fixed, and it was noticed that sometimes when staff clean the rooms, there are small bits that they forget, say a towel, or a floor mat or a bottle of water. nothing major but small details. Sometimes small details does tell the difference. Even in the restaurant, staff were slow to take away finished plates, and sometimes food doesn't come with the right cutlery, so we had to ask for them, while not a big deal, it is something staff should be trained to do automatically.
4) We stayed in a deluxe room, there was a lack of convenient location for hanging our used towels, please add more towel racks or hooks on the wall.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, AsiaRooms, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Lone Pine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lone Pine Batu Ferringhi
- Hotel Lone Pine
- Lone Pine Hotel Penang/Batu Ferringhi