“Pretty awful, really” 2 of 5 stars

Description: Very close to Holiday Inn Resort Penang
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Pretty awful, really”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Food tasteless and certainly poor value. Overall the place is disappointing and you feel short-changed. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone, regardless of your price bracket. A particular irration was the canned music, including a version of Tears of Heaven which, if Eric Clapton heard it, might feel it was worth reforming Cream again in order to wipe away the pain.

Visited May 2013

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Special place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

The restaurant atmosphere is really special. Good food and friendly service make a good place to eat a nice Steak.

Visited May 2013
Bucks, UK
“Great decor and good steaks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

One of the few evenings we ate in air conditioned surroundings, seated in this mock up of an old galleon. The drinks were quite expensive I thought, but the steaks were good and the service was fine.

Visited March 2013
Tokyo, Japan
“Not as bad as often portayed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My wife and I visited here twice during our holiday in March 2013. It is pretty dimly lit inside, but is one of the few restaurants with an airco (which seems to be the exception in B. Ferringhi). The first time we had chicken and steak and actually liked the food. The second visit we ordered some Chinese dishes which was OK but not special. The prices in this restaurant are a bit higher than other restaurants, but that did not deter us.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“A Titanic seeking an Ice Berg”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I was rather surprised to see a "Trip Advisor recommended" notice at my table when I stepped in.

Lighting were fantastically dim. For a moment I thought I had entered a sinking ship or some dancing girls are going to jump onto me naked. Not that I'd complain,but...I held onto my wife's hand tightly, as I walked cautiously to my table.

Food was not out of this world,but I never had expected better to begin with. I finished my lamb shank playing "Whose Food Was Microwaved?" with my wife. A spider crawled across the table like a foretelling octopus, but sadly, even it was as oblivious as the school of wait staff.

In conclusion, I did not have any diarrhea over the overpriced food in a restaurant shaped like a ship but felt like an agogo bar.

Thank you Heavenly Father for the mercy...amen.

• Visited March 2013