“Good stay for a budget hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Padua Inn
and 1 more site!
You added Padua Inn to your Saves list
Padua Inn
No 76-C-2, Jalan Batu Ferringghi, Batu Ferringhi, Penang Island 11100, Malaysia   |
Ranked #15 of 20 Batu Ferringhi B&B and Inns
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Good stay for a budget hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed at the Padua Inn without reading any of the reviews on Trip Advisor, which I'm kind of thankful for as I had no pre-conceptions!

I stayed with a friend for 2 nights. The room was basic and had an ensuite shower room which suited our needs as we were using the room as a base, not needing luxury. We got free wifi in the room also, so do ask the reception for the password!

The location of the hostel is close to the beach, night markets and food places. There are also two convience stores next door.

During our stay we didn't experience any problems at all. I'd recommend it based on my stay if you want a cheap place to use as a base whilst staying in Batu Ferringghi.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We book for a family room, the room is ok with 2 queen beds. The bathroom is large and water heater works well. The beds are clean. Opposite of this hotel is the night market ..and there was local food court.. few minutes walking from the hotel which serve best seafood with reasonable price.

The things that I do not like about this hotel is .. one of the sliding window is missing.. so basically outsiders can climb up (im staying at level 1) and may enter the room easily. The tv buttons are spoilt.. I could not adjust the volume.. channel could not be changed. too bad..

Overall, I would say for a budget hotel, this hotel is good and value for money.. don't expect the services like a 5 star hotel. It has served at its best.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Booked thru Booking.com as we have quite a few times. We wondered about the security when we had to go thru an internal steel cage door that had to be locked after dark to get to our room where we found a small padlock attached to the door or our room, our 'security' while out during the day. The second night we were there we woken by loud banging on our door and guys shouting. Why was the security grill unlocked??? This went on for at least 1/2 an hour, we were to scared to open the door to look. There was commotion outside the hotel too, we watched from our window. We enquired the next morning as to what was going on and were told it was 'Immigration'............The room itself was small and dirty and had mosquitoes. The beaches are nice, but the town of Batu Ferringhi is over-rated, a typical tourist trap!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We booked this hotel through Booking.com. The rooms are badly in need of cleaning and decorating. We were due to stay 4 nights on our second night we returned from dinner to find we had been burgled. We informed the staff, who called the police but apart from that they were completely unhelpful. We found out from the police that the staff had accused my wife and I of staging the incident it was only when we produced a receipt showing that we had infact been out that the police began to look for other suspects. On speaking to us the staff tried to blame the incident on the other guests staying at this hotel. Given that there was no forced entry into our room and that the CCTV was apparently being upgraded ( information that only staff would know) we suspect that those who carried this out were connected to the hotel. A couple of days after this incident we discovered that the hotel had informed Booking.com that we had failed to bgook in for our reservation and that were liable to pay a 300RM no show fee.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms - advice stay at another hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I don't like to give negative reviews but this place deserves it. I picked this hotel because it was reasonably priced for being so close to the beach (only a few minutes away). The outside of the building looks pretty rough so I had hoped that at least the inside was well kept. I was wrong. I was tired so against better judgement i decided to book a room. I walked upstairs to my room and discovered the door to the neighboring room was open and there were 6 guys all sitting on the bed. Strange.

My room felt old and dirty but the sheets seemed clean enough. After spending the day on the beach and the evening in the town i returned to my room for the night. I slept well, that is until the rat digging through my garbage woke me up. By the time i turned the light on it had already vanished. I looked around the room to determine where it entered but couldn't pin point it for sure. There were numerous possibilities. I went to sleep again only to be awoken by my friend the rat going through the garbage again. This went on throughout the night so needless to say i did not sleep well.

I paid for two nights so i had to endure one more night. I cleaned the room of all visible garbage so I slept much better the second night. I guess the rat found another room to invade. I was elated to check out of this hotel. I like Batu Ferringghi so if i ever return i will certainly not be staying here! Be warned!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

it was a long weekend here and we are not able to get any reasonable hotel except this one. We booked a family room for arounf RM210 (if not mistaken), it has a small living room with 2 seated sofa and a single bed + 1 room with attached toilet.
The living room only has 1 fan with no AC. Where the room has AC but the AC compressort was making so much noise that we couldnt sleep. The noise even disturbed my friend who slept in the living room.
Shower pressure was good.
Nothing much within short walking distance but along the way there are buses.
Hotel staff was not helpful, they cant speak proper english.
There is no elevator to your room.
There is a proper parking but the parking are always occupied. Its ok to park along the road.
Basically thats all, i would rather stay in the town next time if i cannot get a hotel at batu feringhi. Will never choice this hotel or its chain.

Room Tip: no good room
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Padua Inn? Share your experiences!