“Worst hotel i've stayed at” 1 of 5 stars

You added Padua Inn to your Saves list
Padua Inn
and 1 more site!
Padua Inn
No 76-C-2, Jalan Batu Ferringghi, Batu Ferringhi, Penang Island 11100, Malaysia   |
Ranked #15 of 20 Batu Ferringhi B&B and Inns
canada
“Worst hotel i've stayed at”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I don't like to give negative reviews but this place deserves it. I picked this hotel because it was reasonably priced for being so close to the beach (only a few minutes away). The outside of the building looks pretty rough so I had hoped that at least the inside was well kept. I was wrong. I was tired so against better judgement i decided to book a room. I walked upstairs to my room and discovered the door to the neighboring room was open and there were 6 guys all sitting on the bed. Strange.

My room felt old and dirty but the sheets seemed clean enough. After spending the day on the beach and the evening in the town i returned to my room for the night. I slept well, that is until the rat digging through my garbage woke me up. By the time i turned the light on it had already vanished. I looked around the room to determine where it entered but couldn't pin point it for sure. There were numerous possibilities. I went to sleep again only to be awoken by my friend the rat going through the garbage again. This went on throughout the night so needless to say i did not sleep well.

I paid for two nights so i had to endure one more night. I cleaned the room of all visible garbage so I slept much better the second night. I guess the rat found another room to invade. I was elated to check out of this hotel. I like Batu Ferringghi so if i ever return i will certainly not be staying here! Be warned!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

9 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

it was a long weekend here and we are not able to get any reasonable hotel except this one. We booked a family room for arounf RM210 (if not mistaken), it has a small living room with 2 seated sofa and a single bed + 1 room with attached toilet.
The living room only has 1 fan with no AC. Where the room has AC but the AC compressort was making so much noise that we couldnt sleep. The noise even disturbed my friend who slept in the living room.
Shower pressure was good.
Nothing much within short walking distance but along the way there are buses.
Hotel staff was not helpful, they cant speak proper english.
There is no elevator to your room.
There is a proper parking but the parking are always occupied. Its ok to park along the road.
Basically thats all, i would rather stay in the town next time if i cannot get a hotel at batu feringhi. Will never choice this hotel or its chain.

Room Tip: no good room
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Padua Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Padua Inn

Address: No 76-C-2, Jalan Batu Ferringghi, Batu Ferringhi, Penang Island 11100, Malaysia
Location: Malaysia > Penang > Penang Island > Batu Ferringhi
Ranked #15 of 20 B&Bs / Inns in Batu Ferringhi
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Padua Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Padua Inn Penang/Batu Ferringhi

If you own or manage Padua Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.