Our family stayed at Park Royal Resort from 15-18 Dec 2010. It was nothing short of brilliant especially for the kids (ranging frm 4-10 years. The service was outstanding right from the time I contacted the GM (which I got an immediate response from him with a follow up email from his staff) prior to our visit, up till the end when the concierge within minutes from our call whisked our bags from our room right up to our car at the end of the holiday. We booked 2 deluxe rooms which had a partial seaview and got thru check in very swiftly - done at the hotel lobby which was nicely decorated – very tropical Xmas setting. The rooms were reasonably sized, clean, good enough to accommodate a family of four in each room. The beds & pillows were comfortable and the toilet had a shower in the bath.
Half an hour after settling in our rooms, we got a courtesy call frm the front desk asking us if everything was ok and shortly thereafter, a complimentary plate of tropical fruits was delivered to our rooms which I thought was a very nice way of welcoming the hotel guests.
Highlights of our trip were:-
1. Good & professional service – can’t say enough of how friendly, helpful and courteous the staff of this hotel was during our stay. Malaysian hospitality at its best !!
2. 2 free form pools, one with a slide & wadding area which was great for the kids and their parents looking on.
3 Fantastic breakfast buffet - especially the famous local dish - Penang Char kuey tiow (fried rice noodles) which was fried before u as you ordered. Thanks Rockyzard, the chef that executed the perfectly fried Kuey tiow at total of 14 times for our entire troupe .
4. The Coconut Club and the lovely Zubaidah that entertained the younger kids allowing the parents to rest or have some alone time.
5.The Massage & Reflexology@ the huts by the pool which is highly recommended. We had ours done when it was slightly drizzling outside - such bliss...
6. Plenty deck chairs available eventhough the hotel was running on high occupancy.
6. Convenience store across the road from the hotel to buy snacks or drinks to feed the hungry children after their swim.
7. Short walk to the night market which offered fantastic bargains.
8. Room service had good kids menu which was reasonably priced and good portions.
Perhaps 1 small gripe which I may have is the ventilation at the gym although the fitness manager did his utmost best to increase the air circulation with a fan.
All in all we had a great stay. The hotel certainly had a family theme going on here. Will we be coming back here again? Most definitely! My lil girl of 4 years didn't want to leave!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the lush greenery in Batu Ferringhi beach or "Foreigner's Rock," PARKROYAL Penang Resort is an idyllic retreat offering delightful hospitality as warm as tropical sun. The resort is situated right on the beach and within walking distance to Night Market, well-connected to island-wide attractions including the Geogetown, the oldest colonial city in Malaysia, temples, Butterfly Farm, Penang Hill and many more. It is also situated 45 minutes from Penang International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkroyal Penang, Malaysia Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Parkroyal Penang Malaysia Batu Ferringhi
- PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia Batu Ferringhi