We ( my wife, her son and his girlfriend) started a weeks trip around Malaysia at the Park Royal at Batu Ferenghi. Initial impressions were quite good; a busy reception but polite and relatively efficient service. The hotel was very busy, with a corporate team building group in residence (more later). The rooms are quite large and well appointed, all of the normal amenities, we had a partial sea view. As we wanted to explore, we decided to eat out at nights so I can't comment on the standard of evening fare at the restaurant. Breakfast however was taken, and what an experience! It was pandemonium! Children charging around uncontrolled, huge groups in corporate T shirts milling about, the typical scrum at the buffet counters. I have to assume that this was down to the holiday period (couple of days prior to Christmas) or maybe I'm not used to the culture.
The hotel was garishly (amusingly) decorated for Christmas and the staff were helpful. Outside, the gardens were well kept, the pools clean and fun. Tall palms kept the sun off if necessary with lots of recliners and little rattan booths. Snacks at lunchtime were nice and generously proportioned. The hotel is situated right on the beach and out front (nearly is a night market to explore. Worth a visit.
- Also Known As:
- Parkroyal Penang, Malaysia Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Parkroyal Penang, Malaysia Hotel
- Parkroyal Penang Malaysia
- Parkroyal Penang Malaysia Batu Ferringhi
- PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia Batu Ferringhi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the lush greenery in Batu Ferringhi beach or "Foreigner's Rock," PARKROYAL Penang Resort is an idyllic retreat offering delightful hospitality as warm as tropical sun. The resort is situated right on the beach and within walking distance to Night Market, well-connected to island-wide attractions including the Geogetown, the oldest colonial city in Malaysia, temples, Butterfly Farm, Penang Hill and many more. It is also situated 45 minutes from Penang International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, AsiaRooms, Tingo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.