We booked this hotel after our stay in the sri sayang up the road to split things up. I am sure glad we did this as the location of the parkroyal is A1. there is a convenience store and money change across the road, and the night markets are directly outside a couple of mins walk and your in the heart of it all!
The hotel is ok, what I found odd was the general level of enthusiasm (or lack thereof) of the check in staff, they seemed to be very sluggish and kind of dawdled along even asking us "have you been served a welcome drink yet?" I mean you should know we just walked in you guys sat us here without one until 10mins later when you realised! I guess I am comparing this resort to others I have stayed at where they practically run to get your luggage and swiflty check you into your room.
The hotel is a little run down, the air con is so noisy at night that you cant sleep with it on. I didnt bother complaining we just switched it off. Room service - forget about it very costly and the hawker stalls are just 2 mins away. Otherwise the room is ok with the usual amenities you would find in a resort, welcome fruits were nice.
The other thing I found odd is you had to sign in each kid in the kids club even if you were staying with them, kind of a hassle, perhaps a disclaimer on the door would be more sufficient. Again the ladies at the kids club were not interested at all in trying to provide some service or entertainment for the kids. Just more concerned with the kids not having socks so not allowing them to go into the ball pit.
Plus points of the hotel, it is right on the beach, has a pretty good pool which the kids loved with the slides, the buffet breakfast was spectacular (and the staff here were very switched on and helpful) and as I said the location!
I'd try Golden Sands next time if the price is not too much of a difference, otherwise i'd stay again but not for more than a couple of nights. Just had too many areas for improvement, for a resort in such a prime location
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the lush greenery in Batu Ferringhi beach or "Foreigner's Rock," PARKROYAL Penang Resort is an idyllic retreat offering delightful hospitality as warm as tropical sun. The resort is situated right on the beach and within walking distance to Night Market, well-connected to island-wide attractions including the Geogetown, the oldest colonial city in Malaysia, temples, Butterfly Farm, Penang Hill and many more. It is also situated 45 minutes from Penang International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkroyal Penang, Malaysia Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Parkroyal Penang Malaysia Batu Ferringhi
- PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia Batu Ferringhi