We stayed here for 2 nights to recoup and relax from frantic KL. The hotel did the job and the resort was touristy.
The room was fine, with a bath shower (a pet hate for "posh hotels") but tatty around the edges, which to be honest sums up the hotel. There were also 100s of cigarette butts on our balcony and it did rain snotty tissues one night, both of which seemed to have been flicked down from the room above, so can't be blamed on the hotel.
We wanted the sea views, which were spectacular. But couldn't swim in said sea because of the jelly fish and high risk of dysentery (notice no locals will swim!) But the pool was nice.
Food in the hotel was over priced and bordering on horrible, although the portions were huge. We ended up sharing mains. You can eat in the hawker markets nearby which are OK and around 5-10RM
The staff were polite but I found them insincere in comparisons to other places we stayed in Malaysia (with the exception of the maid)
Overall. It was OK and did the job for us, but don't book if you want to be wowed and make sure you visit other places to get a real Malaysian experience.
- Also Known As:
- Parkroyal Penang, Malaysia Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Parkroyal Penang, Malaysia Hotel
- Parkroyal Penang Malaysia
- Parkroyal Penang Malaysia Batu Ferringhi
- PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia Batu Ferringhi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the lush greenery in Batu Ferringhi beach or "Foreigner's Rock," PARKROYAL Penang Resort is an idyllic retreat offering delightful hospitality as warm as tropical sun. The resort is situated right on the beach and within walking distance to Night Market, well-connected to island-wide attractions including the Geogetown, the oldest colonial city in Malaysia, temples, Butterfly Farm, Penang Hill and many more. It is also situated 45 minutes from Penang International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, AsiaRooms, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.