“Penang Parkroyal Fits Like a Glove” 5 of 5 stars
Review of PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia

Save Saved
You added PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia to your Saves list
PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Batu Ferringhi Beach, Batu Ferringhi, Penang Island 11100, Malaysia   |
Hotel deals
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
20% Room, 20% F&B and Spa
Ranked #5 of 12 hotels in Batu Ferringhi
Brisbane, Australia
“Penang Parkroyal Fits Like a Glove”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Our last day at the PPR how times fly when you are having such a wonderful holiday, this is not our first time in fact we been holidaying since the mid 90s and it just gets better.
From management to house keeping you are greeted with a warm genuine smile and make you feel like you belong, l would like to thank a staff member for outstanding work but my list is too large so I would like to thank all the staff you make this building into something very special. Thanks to house keeping for their fastidious cleanliness the rooms are great.a personal thanks to the pool attendant and security who gave first aid to my wife after a fall at the pool because of you she recovered quickly to enjoy the rest of her holiday. I cannot go without thanking two realy nice guys chef Teng and chef Bob thank you for sharing you wonderful sense of humor and of cause preparing brilliant meals.My wife and I will return thanks again to everyone.
Regards Jon

Room Tip: Come with an open mind and let the wonderful people pamper you
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
FrancoisSigrist, General Manager at PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Jon S,
I am so grateful and proud to read happy comments and allow me to tell you it is our great pleasure to be of service to you and all our guests with our very best satisfaction to see you leaving us very happy with only one thought to come back; it is a sign for us at PARKROYAL Penang Resort we are doing it right. It is sincerely real nice to receive such comments as said previously we do understand it is the service expected but it is always great to read when we did a good job, a great motivation for all of us 
We all look forward to welcome you back soon to Penang
Have a wonderful, wonderful time ahead and wish you all the very best for the New Year.

1,339 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

It was a sudden booking made online because my husband was participating in the Penang Bridge Marathon. And we do not regret picking this hotel.

When we arrived, they were quick to help with the luggages. And was greeted by one of the staff ( Harfiz ? can't remember clearly the name tag ) , he welcomed my family ( there were 7 of us including kids ) to sit at the lounge while waiting for the process of my check in. Which were very fast and less hassles.

We were given welcome drink, cute glasses of kiwi fruit drinks.

Our room were already ready when we arrived ( another plus point ). Luggages were quick to be sent up to our room too. ( we stayed from 16 Nov- 18 Nov 2013 )

The room were large with very large bed as all the past reviews been saying. It was comfortable sleeping for the two nights. We got our connecting room which was very convenient for my family.

The shower and bath tub water was strong, don't have to wait too long for the tub to be filled.

The pools were big enough, separates deeper pool for adults and kids. With two different slides to play with.
You will need a pool card to get the towel from the pool area. We wasn't given the towel cards when we checks in, ending up i have to go back to the front counter to get them.

Family with kids would love the child friendly hotel. There were lifeguard on duty keeping an eye on the kids ( which were normally missing in most hotels that i visited )

Breakfast were somewhat just okay. Asian and western food choice. The coffee machine is somewhat a let down. I would have prefer the good old way of being served coffee and tea on the table, or ready coffee and tea to be pour straightaway from ready pots. Judging the size of the breakfast crowds, the coffee machine will surely needs maintenance sooner.

The staff were quick and efficient, which somehow makes up for the lacking foods department.
They have cute kids corner for the breakfast. This is really a cute and wonderful idea, as they helps make the morning more interesting for my son.

The beach along the hotel is a wonderful getaway. Because its the first time i find the beach stretch is long enough that all the buzzing sea sport activities are further on both ends. So, the kids have some stretch to play sands and sea without getting worry over ropes from parasailing parachute or boats coming in and out... Its a much quieter stretch of beach compares to other hotels within vicinity.

The location is good too, begins at the end of the feringghi night market. With many restaurants and food courts nearby.

Because the kids spend so much time at the pool and beach, we didn't even have time to check out the kids club. LOL !

checking out was a breeze too. I love this part of the hotel, which makes checking in and checking out a fast thing. Kudos to the management and staff for making it comfortable and quick.

The only thing to improve is, the housekeeping need to be more generous with the bath gels. As the given bottles seems inadequate for my family. The housekeeping should be more alert on the number of occupants in the room, and gives more bath gels. When i first reached the room, i saw a housekeeping staff cleaning the next room. I thought to ask on the spot for the extra towels, but the staff told me that they had given extra as per my 'added extra beds '.
Which means, 3 towels if i add one extra bed for a room. They forgot we have kids, under 11, that is sharing our beds. Does this means, our kids share our towels too ?

thinking that its such a hassle to request extra towel, i just make do with the towel robes.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
FrancoisSigrist, General Manager at PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear chilicandy,
I was so pleased to read your message and thank you for choosing PARKROYAL Penang Resort. I really pleased that everything went well and you had a pleasant and memorable hotel experiences.
I will surely review the coffee issue at Breakfast, we have place 5 to 6 machine to enable to provide fresher coffee to all our guests from espresso to coffee late hoping it will upgrade from the regular filter coffee. Concerning the housekeeping issue with proper room supply, I will ensure that upon check in guests reconfirm the number of person in the room to assure that all necessary amenities are provided and housekeeping Associates are well informed. My sincere apologise for any inconveniences caused.

With my Team we look forward to welcome you back and wish you in meantime a fantastic weekend ahead.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed at the Park Royal in early October for 8 nights, all of which we really enjoyed. The Park Royal is located on Batu Ferringhi approx 1hr taxi ride from the airport. It is one a number large luxury resorts located along this beach strip. There were 3 of us travelling in the family all adults, therefore had earlier booked a family room so that we could all be together and also save some $'s rather than book another room. The family room (see photo) was sea facing and we had beautiful views across the ocean. The room comes configured with a king size bed and 2 singles and is quite spacious. The bathroom was nice and clean however a little dated in appearance, however this did not bother us. We had a few minor issues with the room during our stay, loss of WIFI after a storm and leaky aircon - however these were quickly resolved after a quick visit to reception.

Breakfast was served in the Tamarind Brasserie. There was a fantastic selection of everything, from Western to Asian with lovely omelettes, fresh fruit and pastries, the only real gripe was trying to get a good morning coffee, as previously mentioned by a number of TA reviews there was always chaos around the 2 coffee machines, on occasion they were not even working that well. We also tried the mini grill at the Tamarind on the Tuesday night as we were happy to eat at the Hotel. This we dis twice during our 8 day stay. The 1st time it was lovely, soup, choice of meat to be grilled, with a selection of vegetables and deserts. The 2nd time however there were fewer vegetables and deserts. A little disappointing.

During our stay we enjoyed the pool area, nice and relaxing and tried the the lunch menu from Col Bananas - burgers etc. The food was good and the serving size was large. In the late afternoons (every day) we enjoyed the cocktail happy hours at the Javana Lounge, a selection of discounted cocktails are offered from 4:30pm for a few hrs. You need to ask for the special menu as this is not present on the tables in the lounge nor heavily promoted. Although we stuck to a few of our favorite cocktails during our stay, the taste varied quite considerable from good to OK depending who fixed it.

Overall had a great time, we loved the fact most areas over looked the gardens and we certainly will again be heading back to the Park Royal again - much more peaceful that places like Bali.

Room Tip: To save some money on your room you can advance book and pre-pay your accommodation.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear ozknight99,
Thank you so much for your kind and positive feedback, really appreciated.
I am pleased to know you found our room were comfortable and clean and you also appreciated our food quality and its value.
I have review your comments with my Executive Chef for immediate improvement as well as with my Food & Beverage Team to assure that the Coffee station at breakfast is working smoothly; as previously mentioned it is a new trial to provide high quality coffee instead of filter coffee and offer a choice really offered during breakfast of espresso to coffee late with no additional charge. We constantly try to upgrade our facilities and offer to assure guests comfort and satisfaction however in this case we will review how to minimise the queue and improve further. Thank you so much and please accept my sincere apologies.
We all look forward to welcome you back to PARKROYAL Penang Resort and wish you a wonderful weekend ahead.
Very sincerely
KL, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Upon arrival, there was no smile, no welcome, no greetings from doorman to reception to concierge. Was informed by reception that we had sea facing room. But we only see the side wall of the room beside us and the trees outside our window. Real disappointing. One of our face towels was soiled but nicely hang over the rack!!!! The housekeeper and her assistant knock on our door before 9am and ask to check the room curtain!!!! Ridiculous as we were still asleep. She explained that she thought we had checked out and our room was vacant. Our sink was choked and I call for housekeeping but they never turn up. Breakfast was expensive, there was quantity but absolutely no quality. Food was cold, insects hovering over the cut fruits and salad. Wanton noodle soggy, porridge was cold. Will not return to this hotel again

Room Tip: You need to view the room and not based on the reception's info!! Sea facing was not sea facing...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
FrancoisSigrist, General Manager at PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Kokomizue ,
I am deeply very sorry that your stay with us was not as pleasant as we all have plan to provide you and all our guests. I sincerely regret very much we did not had the opportunity to meet up and enable me to assist you and have more positive feeling about our property and services.
Once again please accept my deepest apologies and hope you will give us another opportunity to be of service to you and prove to you this was not the usual standard of the Resort.
Have a beautiful day

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at the Park Royal many times (most recent Oct 28 to November 10). This time we were accompanied by our son and daughter in law and 3 grand daughters which was their first family holiday overseas. Like us, they fell in love with the place and will undoubtedly return. From the first moment we got there the service and welcoming nature of the staff was much appreciated. Its great to go back after a year with the staff recognising and welcoming you as you alight from the taxi.Check in was seamless as we sat in comfortable chairs sipping on a refreshing cold drink. Our rooms were very good and exactly what we had requested at booking time in Australia. We have read the occasional negative review on this hotel and I am sure that sometimes things do not go to plan, but mostly the staff are very helpful and overcome any difficulties. Lazy days around the pool became the norm and propping up the bar on the sea front a nice end to the day - whilst we were there the pool hut and the front bar roofs were being replaced with new thatch for positive effect. The outside of the hotel was also being painted and given a face lift - the orange is being replaced with a light green and it looks great. The service we received for our entire stay was very very good and a credit to the people themselves and the hotel. It is very remiss of us not to record all of the staff names, as from the bell hop to the pool attendants in the towel hut the people were fantastic and made our holiday all the better - We got outstanding service from cool bananas and remember Salmi who was always around the place and giving friendly service - we have stayed in a lot of hotels and the standard of cleanliness in our room was exceptional - again, hope we got the names right but I think our cleaners name was Rohanna and we could not fault the standard of our room cleaning (well done!!!!) Our 3 grand daughters loved the place and had a great time in the pool and slides. Breakfast daily in the tamarind brasserie is also very good. The Park Royal is strategically located and close to restaurants and night markets, shops etc. etc. You dont want for anything here - there is a bus stop right outside the hotel and its only 2.7 ringhitts to Georgetown, though the trip can vary from 45 minutes each way to about 1.5 hours on return if the peak hour is heavy. Would we recommend this hotel to couples and families - yes!. Will we return sometime (hopefully next year) - Yes!!
Thank you for a wonderfully relaxing and enjoying stay in your family friendly (and generally friendly) hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tony K ,

How nice it is to read your comments and I right away shared them with my Team, really a big bowl of oxygen for all of us, we are all so pleased we created memorable hotel experiences during your stay; thank you so much for sharing with all of us even so it is expected from all of us to provide great service and facilities it is sincerely real nice when we are told we did it right T H A N K Y O U V E R Y M U C H !
We all look forward to welcome you back at PARKROYAL Penang Resort and wish you in meantime a fantastic time ahead.

Kota Bharu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay with Parkroyal Penang Resort. It has been a whirlwind few weeks and I'm still in it. But I'm taking some time just to write a review for this beautiful hotel. This is definitely one of the best hotels I've stayed at. I definitely would recommend it to everyone.
I was here for a conference and got a special rate for their coastal view room. The view of the coast was not that good but I was satisfied.The check in was quite fast and the staffs were all smiles.
The room was gorgeous and spacious.The bed was huge and there was a sofa bed fit for another person to sleep on. There was definitely no shortage of pillows and they came in sorts of sizes :-) The bathroom was big with lots of amenities. Unlike some other international hotels, Parkroyal Penang considers local practice where there was a spray hose near the toilet. No bathtub though. There was a bathrobe and slippers in the wardrobe. The TV was big with variety of channels. Iron and board were also provided in room.
The staffs were all amazing and service was impeccable. During our stay, the hotel invited all guests to their Deepavali Open House and there was lots of delicious Indian dishes being served freshly made. There were also cultural performances and all of us including the foreigners had great fun. Being Malaysian, I was so proud to see such service from a local establishment.
The breakfast and dining experience were delightful. There was plenty of delicious food and the staffs couldn't be more eager to serve you. As I was here for a conference I can also vouch for their service in terms of event arrangements. It was all prompt.
The hotel is situated at Batu Ferringhi beach. It's far from Georgetown but you can spend perfect time there alone with lots of beach activities or simply watching stunning sunsets in the evening. At night, the street in front come to life with kiosks selling all sorts of trinkets. There are many restaurants from Western to Arabic food along the road.
I can go on and on. But overall I'm in love with this hotel. I have to keep myself from using exclamation marks to show my delight about this hotel. Do keep it up Parkroyal Penang. I hope to be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear AiNGEL83 ,

How to express our thanks and appreciation to you for your very kind and generous comments; it really touch all of us deeply and we are all very proud to have been of service to you and made it right for you as at time we sincerely feel when reading some comments we are a total different place.
We are so glad you enjoyed our famous Breakfast, food quality and really appreciated our Associates good services.
We absolutely delighted and look forward to welcome you back soon at PARKROYAL Penang Resort, in meantime we wish you an outstanding time ahead.

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We stayed between 9 to 11 November with this wonderful hotel. We reached the hotel earlier than the check in timing and was attended to by Khalid (Hope I got his name right). He was all smiles and made us feel welcomed. Even though our room was not ready, he managed to make some arrangements and we were able to check into our room early. This willingness to be flexible and accommodating to guest shows the type of professional standards the hotel instills into their staff.

Our room was very comfortable, well furnished and we had deck chairs out in the lawn. It definitely made our stay very pleasant. The hotel is also located just along the night market and food stalls are nearby so it is pretty convenient. The numerous deck chairs was definitely a plus point since we did not need to worry about not having anywhere to lounge by the pool / sea. If you get bored of staying in Batu Ferringhi, the bus stop is just outside the hotel and we easily hopped onto the bus to Georgetown to experience the wonderful street art & food.

Our one and only setback during our stay was the seemingly paper thin walls. Our next door neighbours were blasting loud music and sang Karaoke late into the night. We initially thought there was a nightclub next door! We were awaken early every morning by their loud talking and children screaming, etc. I felt as if their TV was just at my head where I was sleeping so I could hear exactly what they were singing, watching, etc. I know sound proofing may be a huge investment but it would enhance our stay tremendously.

Apart from this, I am still giving your hotel an excellent rating for your people and overall experience. I hope to come back again in the future hopefully better luck with considerate neighbours.

Room Tip: We stayed in the deluxe coastal room which was really lovely. Just pray you don't get noisy neig...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear MaryCCH ,
First of all sincere apologies for the discomfort caused by your neighbour, sadly you did not inform us immediately we will have ensure to contact the guest to reduce the sound and assure you a better comfort. Once again sincere apologies.
I am very pleased however you had a great memorable stay with us at PARKROYAL Penang Resort and your kind appreciation for our Associates and their services have been gladly already shared with them, a great positive motivation for all of us to know that what we did is appreciated.
Thank you so, so much and have a really awesome time ahead.

Francois

Been to PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia? Share your experiences!