It was a sudden booking made online because my husband was participating in the Penang Bridge Marathon. And we do not regret picking this hotel.
When we arrived, they were quick to help with the luggages. And was greeted by one of the staff ( Harfiz ? can't remember clearly the name tag ) , he welcomed my family ( there were 7 of us including kids ) to sit at the lounge while waiting for the process of my check in. Which were very fast and less hassles.
We were given welcome drink, cute glasses of kiwi fruit drinks.
Our room were already ready when we arrived ( another plus point ). Luggages were quick to be sent up to our room too. ( we stayed from 16 Nov- 18 Nov 2013 )
The room were large with very large bed as all the past reviews been saying. It was comfortable sleeping for the two nights. We got our connecting room which was very convenient for my family.
The shower and bath tub water was strong, don't have to wait too long for the tub to be filled.
The pools were big enough, separates deeper pool for adults and kids. With two different slides to play with.
You will need a pool card to get the towel from the pool area. We wasn't given the towel cards when we checks in, ending up i have to go back to the front counter to get them.
Family with kids would love the child friendly hotel. There were lifeguard on duty keeping an eye on the kids ( which were normally missing in most hotels that i visited )
Breakfast were somewhat just okay. Asian and western food choice. The coffee machine is somewhat a let down. I would have prefer the good old way of being served coffee and tea on the table, or ready coffee and tea to be pour straightaway from ready pots. Judging the size of the breakfast crowds, the coffee machine will surely needs maintenance sooner.
The staff were quick and efficient, which somehow makes up for the lacking foods department.
They have cute kids corner for the breakfast. This is really a cute and wonderful idea, as they helps make the morning more interesting for my son.
The beach along the hotel is a wonderful getaway. Because its the first time i find the beach stretch is long enough that all the buzzing sea sport activities are further on both ends. So, the kids have some stretch to play sands and sea without getting worry over ropes from parasailing parachute or boats coming in and out... Its a much quieter stretch of beach compares to other hotels within vicinity.
The location is good too, begins at the end of the feringghi night market. With many restaurants and food courts nearby.
Because the kids spend so much time at the pool and beach, we didn't even have time to check out the kids club. LOL !
checking out was a breeze too. I love this part of the hotel, which makes checking in and checking out a fast thing. Kudos to the management and staff for making it comfortable and quick.
The only thing to improve is, the housekeeping need to be more generous with the bath gels. As the given bottles seems inadequate for my family. The housekeeping should be more alert on the number of occupants in the room, and gives more bath gels. When i first reached the room, i saw a housekeeping staff cleaning the next room. I thought to ask on the spot for the extra towels, but the staff told me that they had given extra as per my 'added extra beds '.
Which means, 3 towels if i add one extra bed for a room. They forgot we have kids, under 11, that is sharing our beds. Does this means, our kids share our towels too ?
thinking that its such a hassle to request extra towel, i just make do with the towel robes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the lush greenery in Batu Ferringhi beach or "Foreigner's Rock," PARKROYAL Penang Resort is an idyllic retreat offering delightful hospitality as warm as tropical sun. The resort is situated right on the beach and within walking distance to Night Market, well-connected to island-wide attractions including the Geogetown, the oldest colonial city in Malaysia, temples, Butterfly Farm, Penang Hill and many more. It is also situated 45 minutes from Penang International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkroyal Penang, Malaysia Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Parkroyal Penang Malaysia Batu Ferringhi
- PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia Batu Ferringhi