We stayed at the Park Royal in early October for 8 nights, all of which we really enjoyed. The Park Royal is located on Batu Ferringhi approx 1hr taxi ride from the airport. It is one a number large luxury resorts located along this beach strip. There were 3 of us travelling in the family all adults, therefore had earlier booked a family room so that we could all be together and also save some $'s rather than book another room. The family room (see photo) was sea facing and we had beautiful views across the ocean. The room comes configured with a king size bed and 2 singles and is quite spacious. The bathroom was nice and clean however a little dated in appearance, however this did not bother us. We had a few minor issues with the room during our stay, loss of WIFI after a storm and leaky aircon - however these were quickly resolved after a quick visit to reception.
Breakfast was served in the Tamarind Brasserie. There was a fantastic selection of everything, from Western to Asian with lovely omelettes, fresh fruit and pastries, the only real gripe was trying to get a good morning coffee, as previously mentioned by a number of TA reviews there was always chaos around the 2 coffee machines, on occasion they were not even working that well. We also tried the mini grill at the Tamarind on the Tuesday night as we were happy to eat at the Hotel. This we dis twice during our 8 day stay. The 1st time it was lovely, soup, choice of meat to be grilled, with a selection of vegetables and deserts. The 2nd time however there were fewer vegetables and deserts. A little disappointing.
During our stay we enjoyed the pool area, nice and relaxing and tried the the lunch menu from Col Bananas - burgers etc. The food was good and the serving size was large. In the late afternoons (every day) we enjoyed the cocktail happy hours at the Javana Lounge, a selection of discounted cocktails are offered from 4:30pm for a few hrs. You need to ask for the special menu as this is not present on the tables in the lounge nor heavily promoted. Although we stuck to a few of our favorite cocktails during our stay, the taste varied quite considerable from good to OK depending who fixed it.
Overall had a great time, we loved the fact most areas over looked the gardens and we certainly will again be heading back to the Park Royal again - much more peaceful that places like Bali.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the lush greenery in Batu Ferringhi beach or "Foreigner's Rock," PARKROYAL Penang Resort is an idyllic retreat offering delightful hospitality as warm as tropical sun. The resort is situated right on the beach and within walking distance to Night Market, well-connected to island-wide attractions including the Geogetown, the oldest colonial city in Malaysia, temples, Butterfly Farm, Penang Hill and many more. It is also situated 45 minutes from Penang International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, AsiaRooms, Hotels.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, HotelsClick, Otel and Venere so you can book your PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkroyal Penang, Malaysia Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Parkroyal Penang Malaysia Batu Ferringhi
- PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia Batu Ferringhi