From the minute we stepped into the Parkroyal we were treated as valued guests. We were delighted with the sincere welcome from Richard and Nan, and were grateful for the early check-in to our rooms (Grand Deluxe Seaview rooms on 6th + 7th Floor).
The rooms were spacious, spotlessly clean and very well presented with fantastic views over the beach & sea.
Airconditioning was super quiet. The bathroom was very well set out, plenty of nice complimentary toiletries including toothbrushes, combs, nail files etc. Sewing kit also provided. The king size bed was so comfortable, pillows good also. Safe was big enough for a couple of ipads, wallets, passports etc with a lockable drawer located on shelf under safe - big enough to lock away a laptop etc.
The housekeeping staff were very friendly, always giving us a smile and greeting when passing in corridor. (It was only some of the other guests that did not smile or offer a friendly greeting when sharing the lift etc as is often the case.)
Housekeeping staff delivered tasty homestyle baked cookies each afternoon, checking with us daily if we were happy with everything in our room and inquiring if we needed any extra coffee, tea, bottled water, toiletries etc. Nothing was ever too much bother for them.
This high level of service was evident throughout the Hotel.
The breakfast buffet provided an excellent variety of foods to satisfy all tastes. Breakfast staff also very friendly and courteous and very efficient in clearing and cleaning newly vacated tables. Plenty of seating and table availability, never had to queue up for food.
Cool Bananas Cafe at the Hotel was a top place for lunch, huge helpings and icy cold drinks. Prices were great also. Great value for money.
Pool sparkling clean, and Hotel grounds very well maintained and presented. Heaps of empty sun lounge chairs available around the Hotel grounds everyday, both in the sun and shade. No towels draped across empty chairs all day like many other Hotels.
Night markets start out the front of Hotel and extend approximately a kilometre or so. Mini mart x 2 and money changer directly across the road. Long Beach Food Hall easy stroll away.
Hotel has a tour desk located near entrance door in lobby where tours, drivers , taxis etc can be organised for you. We did a couple of day tours and were delighted with our driver (Thompson - "Tom"). Great bloke.
The Hotel has its own shuttle bus into Georgetown several times a day (RM10 each way pp) which we used several times with a choice of pick up times for return journey back to Hotel. I well recommend this service.
This was our 6th trip to Batu Ferringhi and we had always stayed at the Golden Sands previously. Due to noisy unruly kids at the Golden Sands Hotel on our previous 2 visits we decided to try the Parkroyal this time.
Boy, we are so glad we did as the Parkroyal went above and beyond our expectations and a better hotel would be hard to find.
The hotel is quiet, in a great location, lovely well set out rooms, staff are friendly, courteous and very helpful.
What an absolute gem!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the lush greenery in Batu Ferringhi beach or "Foreigner's Rock," PARKROYAL Penang Resort is an idyllic retreat offering delightful hospitality as warm as tropical sun. The resort is situated right on the beach and within walking distance to Night Market, well-connected to island-wide attractions including the Geogetown, the oldest colonial city in Malaysia, temples, Butterfly Farm, Penang Hill and many more. It is also situated 45 minutes from Penang International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, AsiaRooms, Hotels.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Venere so you can book your PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkroyal Penang, Malaysia Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Parkroyal Penang Malaysia Batu Ferringhi
- PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia Batu Ferringhi