We stayed in this place about 7-8 years ago when it was lovely without the current poor quality market lmost outside the entrance. I am all for local markets/stalls but not on the door step of a 4 star hotel with scares like - 'watch out for snatch thieves and unsavoury characters etc...'
During our 2 nights stay there , early September 2013, we were given a damp and mouldy room ( mould was growing on the net curtain) on arrival which we turned down. The next room though did not smell of damp was cramped and shabby including the bedding. It appears nothing has been maintained/refurbished in the intervening years. Everything looks shabby.
The breakfast area is dirty. Birds flying into the dining area and bird dirt on chairs were not cleaned. Very dissappointed indeed! Needs mega upgrading. Will not stay there again.
We were however very pleased with the tour of the Island . The driver and guide were excellent. They dropped us off at the airport because of the Friday traffic and saved us stress and extra cost - a nice touch. The helping of food is huge. the baguette and chips for our journey was too much for 2 people!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the lush greenery in Batu Ferringhi beach or "Foreigner's Rock," PARKROYAL Penang Resort is an idyllic retreat offering delightful hospitality as warm as tropical sun. The resort is situated right on the beach and within walking distance to Night Market, well-connected to island-wide attractions including the Geogetown, the oldest colonial city in Malaysia, temples, Butterfly Farm, Penang Hill and many more. It is also situated 45 minutes from Penang International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkroyal Penang, Malaysia Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Parkroyal Penang Malaysia Batu Ferringhi
- PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia Batu Ferringhi