Have just stayed at this hotel for 5 nights while in penang. I was really hoping this hotel would prove some of its terrible reviews wrong and those reviews would just be written by picky people but sadly not.
Check in was ok however the young guy who checked us in was very vague on details and I had to press him with questions to actually find anything out I.e. how much they were putting on my card for incidentals or where exactly is breakfast of a morning. Walking to our room the disappointment started- this hotel is seriously dated and shabby. Our room was ok but bed was two singles pushed together which formed a gap in the middle. The bed itself was also quite hard and not very comfortable.
The worst part of this hotel was the noisiness. The band plays until 12.30am every night and when the room is quite close to the foyer and has no sound proofing, this does not make for relaxation. I complained three times but nothing happened, not even an apology. Why does a band need to play that late at a hotel? 11pm would even be ok but 12.30?? Not to mention the noise from other rooms and the pool, it really was not relaxing. Breakfast was only ok and was always busy, again not a relaxing experience.
The best part about this hotel is its location. It is really close to all that is batu ferringhi which is the reason I didn't rate this hotel as terrible.
I will not be returning to this hotel and won't be recommending it to friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the lush greenery in Batu Ferringhi beach or "Foreigner's Rock," PARKROYAL Penang Resort is an idyllic retreat offering delightful hospitality as warm as tropical sun. The resort is situated right on the beach and within walking distance to Night Market, well-connected to island-wide attractions including the Geogetown, the oldest colonial city in Malaysia, temples, Butterfly Farm, Penang Hill and many more. It is also situated 45 minutes from Penang International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, AsiaRooms, Hotels.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Venere so you can book your PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkroyal Penang, Malaysia Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Parkroyal Penang Malaysia Batu Ferringhi
- PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia Batu Ferringhi