“I am about to return in October 2013” 4 of 5 stars
Review of PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia

Save Saved
You added PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia to your Saves list
PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Batu Ferringhi Beach, Batu Ferringhi, Penang Island 11100, Malaysia   |
Hotel deals
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free breakfast and dinner
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Batu Ferringhi
“I am about to return in October 2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I sincerely hope to see some significant changes especially the rooms. I do acknowledge that you operate 24/7 but you need to back up your intentions to improve the resort. Actions speak louder than words. All that said we have always enjoyed our stay at the Park Royal and look forward to our next trip.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
FrancoisSigrist, General Manager at PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Peter D,
We look forward to welcome you back and do contact us personally if you may need any assistance.

François

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sockburn;Christchurch
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We spent a week at the Park Royal and had a fantastic holiday. Got upgraded to a room with a balcony. The staff were excellent, Rozane, Janice, beach bar staff, cleaners, water sports staff. Would definitely recommend this hotel, it is in great location and it's so nice to have a drink and watch the sunset in the evening.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Christinejr600,

So pleased you had a real good time with us and you found our Associates excellent.
It is so important for all of us at the Resort to receive such positive feedback as it motivate all of us to perform constantly to our highest level.
THANK YOU, THANK, THANK YOU!
Have an outstanding day.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Entering the main driveway into the hotel I was greeted with the sight of people with banners demonstrating outside the hotel. initially I thought it was a human rights rally or some kind but as it turned out, it was a protest by members of staff & their dissatisfaction with the management of the hotel in particular the current general manager. although vocal, it was organised in a friendly & cordial manner but one can't help but feel somewhat unsettled by the scenes just yards away from the main entrance.

Upon entry to the hotel I found the overall look of the hotel feels jaded & haggard. going there during the school holidays didn't help matters any better. the hotel was full for the weekend and the were people everywhere. the lobby floor was wet right to the lifts from guests returning from the swimming pool. the lounge was full and getting a seat for 4 was indeed a luxury rarely accorded.

The Kids Club (which seems to be a feature for hotels along the Ferringhi strip) is fantastic! the staff was on-hand to assist you with anything & everything that one could possibly need whilst in the Kids Club area. there was plenty to do and the play area looked like it could manage a hundred kids!

Food in the coffee house was rich & varied with American, European & Local fares readily available in troves for you to pick to your hearts content. I particularly enjoy eating in penang, so it is natural that I expect nothing less than GREAT when it comes to food and the Parkroyal clearly didn't disappoint in that department.

will I go there again? probably not and mainly because there are better (and newer) hotels along the strip that I can choose from.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
FrancoisSigrist, General Manager at PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear ahmad shazerain z,
Thank you for your kind feedback, much appreciated.
We regret the unfortunate and extraordinary circumstances under which you visited the hotel and apologise for the discomfort and inconvenience it has caused you. Guest comfort is a priority and have worked/are working to resolve the issue to ensure all our guests enjoy a comfortable stay.
I am pleased to know that your children had a great time in our famous Koko Club where we constantly do our best to have innovative ideas to assure the children have a great experience with us.
Also am really happy you enjoyed our food quality.
Your kind comments will be shared with the Team and surely will come as a boost of moral to all of them.
Next time you visit Penang, please do contact me personally and will ensure you had a more pleasant experience and have memorable hotel experiences.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

So we pull after a 5 hour trip from KL and are greeted by staff protesting outside the hotel! We were taken aback by this as we were hoping for a relaxing stay at the resort.

Naturally we raised our objections straight away to the management at check in and even considered switching hotels....but we are glad we didnt now!

The manager gave us (3 couples) all free upgrades to suites where the noise from the protest couldnt be heard. We happened to be at the hotel where there was a 12hour planned power outage which was highly inconvenient considering the high temperatures. In order to compensate us we were given half price spa treatments, free beachside buffet at sunset, half price drinks all day, free noodles all day and free water sports for a limited time. Richard (one of the managers) was very accomodating and really made our stay worthwhile! The staff overall were very helpful and always at our service.

The breakfast had plenty of variety and the cool bananas cafe served delicious food!

I would definately stay here again and would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Usman K,

We deeply regret of the poor welcome offered and I am pleased that my Assistant Richard managed to recover the situation at the time but only regret very sincerely we did not made it right from the first instant.
Please accept my deepest and most sincere apologies.
Concerning the power outage was regrettably not plan and apologise for any inconvenience and discomfort caused.

I do sincerely appreciate your confidence in us and look forward for another opportunity to welcome you back to Penang.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I went with friends to attend a wedding and we all had an amazing time. The resort was spotless, the food sensational, the staff friendly and helpful, the beds comfortable, the location magnificent, the spa relaxing and decadent. The professional manner in which Francois and his team organiised and supported my friends wedding was fantastic, they ensured everything ran smoothly. The only thing I can fault is that I didn't stay long enough. Since I have been home, I am already planning my return with my family and I can't wait.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear LisaJAnk ,
Thank you very much for your kind comments which I will gladly share with my Team. It is always real nice to receive positive feedback, it is a great motivation to all of us at the Resort to know we are doing it right and create memorable hotel experiences. THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!
We all look forward to welcome you back soon.

Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Stayed here a few months back with family for a long weekend and all I can say is I wish it was longer. What a beautiful place and a beautiful hotel. All checked in and bags in room in about 30-45 minutes but we where all giving complimentary drinks which was nice. Room was very spacious with a nice bathroom and view of the pool and the bar inside which was nice too. Pool area is beautiful and relaxing and the private beach is beautiful aswell. The views are amazing it's like paradise. Nice gym there for the morning work out wasn't busy at all. Absolutely loved the breakfast very big selection and they cook your eggs in front of you exactly how you want them which was a nice touch. Hard Rock Cafe and many other resturaunts and shops near by make it a nice place to walk round. Overall I would definitely stay here again as I fell in love with the place I can't wait to one day go back here. Thank you very much park royal

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jdmob ,

With my Team I am so pleased to know that you did enjoy your stay and our food.
It is always really nice to know we made it right ! I am with the Team so pleased you had a great time with us and enjoyed our facilities and also glad you liked our famous Breakfast. We do our best to ensure we constantly improve our facilities and services.
Have a great time ahead and look forward to welcome you back very soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We have just stayed for a week and were very pleased with our choice. The staff were very friendly and professional. Any issues were followed up quickly and efficiently. The pool area is lovely and spacious and the buffet breakfast is great, there is so much choice of food! Great location - very central to everything. Only negatives were poor wifi (most of the time I could not connect and it was very slow if I did) and the rooms are a little tired (but very clean). Definitely recommend!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jane C,

Thank you so much for your real nice words about our Associates, it is always a great moment to share with the Team to boost every one moral to perform at a higher level.

I sincerely regret that the wifi connection was not so good when you visited us, we have since improved, we have not yet the facilities of a large city but it is coming alas not as fast as we wish. Cables for high speed internet are already installed down town making its way toward the beach.

Thank you so much for your kind recommendation, greatly appreciated.
Have a fantastic day.

François

Been to PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia? Share your experiences!