A very mixed bag experience. Nice book- in procedure. present booking file and passport then seated in a very spacious lounge area and given an iced cordial while they completed our booking. Our rooms were not ready at 2.00pm so they upgraded us. We had requested 2 rooms with king bed but both rooms had 3 single beds. On complaint they place a topper pad on 2 singles pushed together as no king rooms available? The rooms were very dated so pleaded we had the upgrade. We did sleep well during our 4 night stay but had own pillows, the room ones were awful. Duvet cover was ripped badly as well.
Breakfast was good so no complaints.
Lunch and dinners very limited with mixed experiences. Much better food very close so chose to eat out most of the time.
This is a non-smoking hotel so when one room reeked of smoke on the third day we were offered strong lemon oil as they were fully booked but offered another room the next day. This was accepted and the new room was far superior with a king bed and sea view.
The Happy Hour was not so happy as when we ordered they said it was past 7.30pm, we ordered our drinks and after about 10 minutes I noticed the time was only 7.33pm so insisted we be charged the lower prices, this was agreed. but they were in a much smaller glass than the normal priced ones,so hardly a happy hour. The menu for happy hour was also very misleading so read carefully and ask questions. We did but not one of the 3 staff we asked could reply correctly.
The beach was average but would not swim in the murky water so be prepared to grab a sun lounger early and swim in the pool which was clean.
The staff a very mixed bag ranging from rude to excellent. The upper management were by far the best so go to the top if you need to.
This is not a hotel for couples wanting a relaxing break but does cater well for families with many activities and facilities, children noisy and unruly as parents relaxing..
This is not a tropical island getaway, horrific traffic and about 15km from Georgetown along a winding congested road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the lush greenery in Batu Ferringhi beach or "Foreigner's Rock," PARKROYAL Penang Resort is an idyllic retreat offering delightful hospitality as warm as tropical sun. The resort is situated right on the beach and within walking distance to Night Market, well-connected to island-wide attractions including the Geogetown, the oldest colonial city in Malaysia, temples, Butterfly Farm, Penang Hill and many more. It is also situated 45 minutes from Penang International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, AsiaRooms, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkroyal Penang, Malaysia Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Parkroyal Penang Malaysia Batu Ferringhi
- PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia Batu Ferringhi