Great ride from Georgetown to Batu Ferringgi, clifftops one side, ocean on the other. Hotel has 2 sections, Beach Tower and Ferringgi tower- connected by an overhead walkway. Rooms in Ferringgi Tower a bit cheaper- we were on 6th floor and had an ocean view anyway. Big room, well lit, great bathroom with tub and separate shower area ( with one of those shower heads where you can choose different flows).
My friend went on the 'Viper' twice- a ride on a blown up tube pulled by a speedboat- she loved it ( RM30 for a 10 min ride). I took the parasailing taster flight ( RM55 for 5 mins)- both advertised from the hotel. The pool is clean and big, lots of lounges around the pool but also many on the grassy area facing the beach, shaded by lots of trees, lovely place to lounge for the day.
The hotel has many acitivities but they don't always run them( as dependant on enough guests signing up to run it )which is a shame). Breakfast is not incl in room deal, and cost RM 42 each, so we opted out and instead at at local places for about RM5.
We booked via booking.com and got a great room rate deal.
There's lots of stalls in the night market lining the street just outside the hotel. Great internet place ( RM 2 for 1 hour) in the shopping centre near the street lights, walk out of hotel, head back towards Georgetown, at the first set of lights, about 200m up, turn right, the mall is on the right. Also has a KFC on the left for those who need their fast food fix.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Resort Penang, together with its excellent location in the heart of famous Batu Ferringhi makes it easily accessible to the Night Market, shops and restaurants. The resort is situated right on the beach, split into two buildings- the Beach Wing, located at the beachside, or Ferringhi Tower, located directly across the road to the beach. The Ferringhi Tower commands spectacular views of both the hills and sea front and is linked by an overhead covered walkway. 358 spacious rooms with a great combination of Family Studios and Kidsuites, the resort is perfect for families and couples looking for a retreat. To also make your every moment of your stay an absolute delight, we make every dining experience special in its own way. As the only hotel offering speciality Northern Indian cuisine, it will be feast that will leave you with 'spicy'memories. At the Holiday Inn Resort Penang, you will discover an exotic way to truly enjoy your vacation and cherish every minute of it. Right from the warmth of the people, the quaint sights & sounds of the island's rich cultural heritage and the rejuvenating hospitality of Holiday Inn Resort Penang. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, IHG, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Holiday Inn Penang
- Holiday Inn Georgetown
- Georgetown Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Batu Ferringhi