Booked 2 standard rooms from Zuji, when we reached the hotel for check in, we were told that the rooms we booked were at the Tower wing which was across the road from the Beach wing. That was fine as we did not have to stay on the side of the beach, where all the facilities are. But the problem was, the Tower wing does not connect to the Beach wing and there are no elevators to get from the Hotel lobby to the beach wing. You basically have to climb an overhead bridge to go across the road. Decided that it wasnt alright for my senior parents to climb that bridge so requested to pay for a room at the Beach wing. Was told the charge was 125 RM per night. We agreed to just pay the upgrade for one room and keep the other room as it is. Was given keys and as we were getting ready to leave for the rooms, they decided to update the other room to the Beach wing as well.
They did some service recovery there, which was great. But the point is they should warn people about both wings not connecting, as it doesn't make sense that guest have to exit the hotel, climb a bridge to get to the other tower.
Had lunch at the restaurant by the beach, decent food with good variety, slightly pricey for Penang standard but still cheaper than those in KL hotels.
Location wise is excellent, bus stop just outside the hotel.
Would probably not stay at Batu Ferringi again as it was quite a long ride from town. Maybe for beach lovers it makes sense.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Hotel
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Holiday Inn Penang
- Holiday Inn Georgetown
- Georgetown Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Batu Ferringhi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Resort Penang, together with its excellent location in the heart of famous Batu Ferringhi makes it easily accessible to the Night Market, shops and restaurants. The resort is situated right on the beach, split into two buildings- the Beach Wing, located at the beachside, or Ferringhi Tower, located directly across the road to the beach. The Ferringhi Tower commands spectacular views of both the hills and sea front and is linked by an overhead covered walkway. 358 spacious rooms with a great combination of Family Studios and Kidsuites, the resort is perfect for families and couples looking for a retreat. To also make your every moment of your stay an absolute delight, we make every dining experience special in its own way. As the only hotel offering speciality Northern Indian cuisine, it will be feast that will leave you with 'spicy'memories. At the Holiday Inn Resort Penang, you will discover an exotic way to truly enjoy your vacation and cherish every minute of it. Right from the warmth of the people, the quaint sights & sounds of the island's rich cultural heritage and the rejuvenating hospitality of Holiday Inn Resort Penang. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.