We recently had two nights staying in the Ferringhi Tower, seaview. A great stay indeed. Very comfortable rooms; good size balcony and very clean.
Excellent buffet breakfast was offered by the pool; nicest waffles!!
Both nights we sat on the balcony watching the sun go down and trying to get the perfect snap (we did). A magic view.
The location is very handy. Staff were friendly although check in was slower than I would expect. This would be my only criticism but we are very patient people so was not an issue.
We used a HI driver to collect us from airport; he was very good and openly told us lots of information, history, etc on the drive to the HI. Asked him for recommendation for good Indian food and he suggested Khaleel, near Eden Parade. We had a lunch of 4 Roti Canai, 1 banana pancake with ice cream, 1 cone shaped drizzled with honey (I think) and one can of coke for a total of 11 Rm (less than AU$4.00). Great value and great taste.
Enjoyed the stay at Batu Ferringhi but not nearly long enough!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Resort Penang, together with its excellent location in the heart of famous Batu Ferringhi makes it easily accessible to the Night Market, shops and restaurants. The resort is situated right on the beach, split into two buildings- the Beach Wing, located at the beachside, or Ferringhi Tower, located directly across the road to the beach. The Ferringhi Tower commands spectacular views of both the hills and sea front and is linked by an overhead covered walkway. 358 spacious rooms with a great combination of Family Studios and Kidsuites, the resort is perfect for families and couples looking for a retreat. To also make your every moment of your stay an absolute delight, we make every dining experience special in its own way. As the only hotel offering speciality Northern Indian cuisine, it will be feast that will leave you with 'spicy'memories. At the Holiday Inn Resort Penang, you will discover an exotic way to truly enjoy your vacation and cherish every minute of it. Right from the warmth of the people, the quaint sights & sounds of the island's rich cultural heritage and the rejuvenating hospitality of Holiday Inn Resort Penang. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Holiday Inn Penang
- Holiday Inn Georgetown
- Georgetown Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Batu Ferringhi