We stayed in a King size sea view room with a balcony in the Feringgi Tower building. The view was amazing especially at sunset. The room was well decorated with all the modern facilities that you need (fridge, satellite tv, tea/coffee supplies etc). It was spacious and the bed huge! I can't remember the last time I slept for 9 hours, let alone every night on this super comfortable bed.The balcony had a railing to it which is still a little scary when my toddler wants to stand right on the edge to peer down but cannot really fault anything in the room.
Purely excellent. Every staff member works really hard to ensure you feel welcomed and comfortable. My young daughter was being picky with her breakfast and the staff happily made a fresh batch of oatmeal (which wasn’t on the menu) at no cost to see if she would feed better (which she loved). We made lots of requests throughout our stay here and EVERY one was taken care of superbly. On one of the nights, the staff had their staff party with a themed disco night and lots of cool prizes to be won. You can see that the management care for their team with fun incentives such as these to generate a warm and professional morale.
As other reviewers have mentioned, there are two buildings that sit on opposite sides of the same road. The beach building is the shorter building on the beach side which has the restaurant, kids play rooms, pools and large lobby. The décor is pleasant with staff constantly cleaning throughout the day. The other taller building (Feringgi Tower) has been more recently renovated and is classy, chic and elegant. This building has its own reception and concierge as well as a small but well equipped gym. All parts of the hotels were clean, spacious and well furnished. We were comfortable wherever we chose to relax in.
As with all breakfast buffets, it looks amazing on the first few days but after a while you only stick to the same things that you know what you like! The spread of food was varied and regularly checked. You had your usual breads (brown, white, croissants, rolls), chesses, spreads, salads, fruits, warm continental meats, cold meats, cereals, juices, free flow of tea and coffee, pancakes and an assortment of spicy Malaysian dishes. The only complaint I would say is that the egg station was a little out of sight and we didn’t realise this until our third day. Once we discovered that, the chefs that cooked your made to order egg items were brilliant.
We ate out most nights at the various restaurants all around the area. One night we stayed and ate at the hotel restaurant and this was the 2nd best meal we had in Penang (I forget the name of the best restaurant bit it was surrounded by lush tropical plants and waterfalls – 2 mins walk from Holiday Inn away from McDonalds!). The hotel food was high standards, generous portion size and presented stylishly!
There was one large pool and one for kiddies. The pool area was clean and had a few inflatables for children to play with. It’s nothing really amazing but at the same time, nothing to complain about. The only thing I could add is that it would have been nice if there was some kind of water apparatus (e.g. a slide) that the children could play on.
A few seconds walk takes you to the sandy beach. The beach is clean, wide and is rock-free. The view of the bay is scenic but the water was slightly murky for my liking. With the dangers of jellyfish in this area and not knowing what’s in the water was enough for me not to venture too far into the sea for a swim. The sand was nice and clean to build sandcastles but you do have to kindly decline all the beach vendors that welcome you to try their massages/excursions/watersports etc.
So glad we chose this place. It was one of the first holidays we went to where I actually enjoyed staying on the resort and having fun as opposed to always searching for activities away from the hotel. The best parts were definitely the staff and room – all which added to a great holiday. Will highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Resort Penang, together with its excellent location in the heart of famous Batu Ferringhi makes it easily accessible to the Night Market, shops and restaurants. The resort is situated right on the beach, split into two buildings- the Beach Wing, located at the beachside, or Ferringhi Tower, located directly across the road to the beach. The Ferringhi Tower commands spectacular views of both the hills and sea front and is linked by an overhead covered walkway. 358 spacious rooms with a great combination of Family Studios and Kidsuites, the resort is perfect for families and couples looking for a retreat. To also make your every moment of your stay an absolute delight, we make every dining experience special in its own way. As the only hotel offering speciality Northern Indian cuisine, it will be feast that will leave you with 'spicy'memories. At the Holiday Inn Resort Penang, you will discover an exotic way to truly enjoy your vacation and cherish every minute of it. Right from the warmth of the people, the quaint sights & sounds of the island's rich cultural heritage and the rejuvenating hospitality of Holiday Inn Resort Penang. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, IHG, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Holiday Inn Penang
- Holiday Inn Georgetown
- Georgetown Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Batu Ferringhi