Hotel is about an hour from the airport and standard taxi is about 70 ringgits. However be aware if your party has more luggage or people then fits in the standard size taxi you will be charged for a bigger then needed Minivan at double the cost. A bit of a rip off as a slightly larger car would have done the job as it did on the return trip but they said they don’t have any. They weren’t the most helpful.
Hotel staff are extremely polite and helpful. The rooms are clean, bright and modern, with flat screen tvs. The location is great as the street lights up in the evenings with interesting market stalls. We on occasion did have the buffet breakfast at 30 Ringgits per person which had plenty of choice but only worth it if you make the most of it. Would recommend trying the local food at the Food Market Hall in the evenings where prices are much cheaper then restaurants with great tasting food. Access to public transport is right outside the hotel, which can take you to the recommended butterfly farm and George town, although Goerge town was a bit dissappointing, with dated and empty shopping malls. Penang Hill and Kek Lok Si Temple are worth a visit. We took a day trip ferry to Langkawi (2.5 hrs there and 3.5 hrs back) but only got to do the cable car ride, which probably wasn't worth the long journey there and back - so would recommend only going if you can stay over to experience more on the island.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Hotel
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Holiday Inn Penang
- Holiday Inn Georgetown
- Georgetown Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Batu Ferringhi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Resort Penang, together with its excellent location in the heart of famous Batu Ferringhi makes it easily accessible to the Night Market, shops and restaurants. The resort is situated right on the beach, split into two buildings- the Beach Wing, located at the beachside, or Ferringhi Tower, located directly across the road to the beach. The Ferringhi Tower commands spectacular views of both the hills and sea front and is linked by an overhead covered walkway. 358 spacious rooms with a great combination of Family Studios and Kidsuites, the resort is perfect for families and couples looking for a retreat. To also make your every moment of your stay an absolute delight, we make every dining experience special in its own way. As the only hotel offering speciality Northern Indian cuisine, it will be feast that will leave you with 'spicy'memories. At the Holiday Inn Resort Penang, you will discover an exotic way to truly enjoy your vacation and cherish every minute of it. Right from the warmth of the people, the quaint sights & sounds of the island's rich cultural heritage and the rejuvenating hospitality of Holiday Inn Resort Penang. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.