My wife and I stayed here while in Penang over a long weekend during a lengthy business trip. We were extremely happy with the hotel and wouldn't think about staying anywhere else when we return to Penang. From the beautifully appointed room to the excellent food and service, it was all top-notch.
We stayed in the Rasa Wing though I also took a brief tour of a few rooms in the Garden Wing - just in case we aren't so fortunate next time. As of this writing, the rooms in the Garden Wing are in the process of being renovated and the finished product is quite nice. My understanding is about half the rooms have been renovated. One should definitely consider staying in the Rasa Wing however, if the serenity of the adults only (saltwater) swimming pool is appealing. The Rasa Wing also provides complimentary High Tea and a brief cocktail hour. I noticed that the availability of complimentary cocktails and canapes have been reduced to just one hour, from 6 pm to 7. Fine by me.
The public spaces of the hotel are exceptional and the gardens are amazing. The amount of space is phenomenal. The lounge chairs on the shaded sand and lawn just behind a hedge from the public beach allow total relaxation well within the sound of the crashing surf but nicely isolated from the riff raff on the beach. The adults only pool for guests staying at the Rasa Wing is beautiful and provides a highly relaxing environment. The pools at the Garden Wing are also very nice and highly suitable if you're unforunate enough to be travelling with children under age 16.
The staff at the hotel is amazing - all the way around. From the front desk receptionists to the spa employees, and from room maintenance staff to the bell hops, each staff member was hard working, pleasant and efficient. They really know how to treat guests here. Management has done a fantastic job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rasa Sayang Resort and Spa is a luxury resort at Batu Feringgi, one of the most inviting beaches in Malaysia. George Town, the oldest colonial city in the country, is less than an hour away by complimentary shuttle, and offers a fascinating mix of Chinese, Malay and Indian culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Hotel.de, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Sayang Resort And Spa
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Sayang Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Shangri Las Rasa Sayang Hotel
- Rasa Sayang Penang
- Shangri Las Rasa Sayang Resort
- Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa Penang/Batu Ferringhi