We stayed here for 4 nights in October after staying in Shangri-La's in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Kota Kinabalu. Check in was a breeze and we were offered free Nutmeg juice on arrival. Breakfast was a choice of every cuisine imaginable, however, no chocolate fountains like in KK and also no proper bacon which was disappointing. We ate at the buffet 2 nights which was great and tried the Ferringhi Grill also which was fine dining at its best.
The hotel is showing its age compared to the newly refurbished Singapore Shangri-La. The beds are very comfortable and staff friendly and helping out when they can. I expected the gym to be better equipped given the size of the resort. Another point to note is that you are warned about jellyfish in the sea and as a result nobody goes in. The pool is very relaxing and could easily stayed for longer after an energetic sight seeing holiday around Malaysia. Poolside drinks were expensive but the milkshakes were amazing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rasa Sayang Resort and Spa is a luxury resort at Batu Feringgi, one of the most inviting beaches in Malaysia. George Town, the oldest colonial city in the country, is less than an hour away by complimentary shuttle, and offers a fascinating mix of Chinese, Malay and Indian culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de, Despegar.com, Priceline, Agoda, BookIt.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Jetsetter so you can book your Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Sayang Resort And Spa
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Sayang Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Shangri Las Rasa Sayang Hotel
- Rasa Sayang Penang
- Shangri Las Rasa Sayang Resort
- Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa Penang/Batu Ferringhi