We are at the end of our first week staying at this resort and cannot recommend it highly enough if what you are looking for is relaxation. We upgraded to the Rasa Wing having checked out a sea facing room in the Garden Wing and feel that the extra money is being well spent, particularly as we don't have children.
The staff are all very attentive but friendly and relaxed. There is a good choice of restaurants in the hotel, all reasonably priced and offering good value. Some evenings we have eaten in the town and particularly like the Ferringhi Gardens which is about a 20 minute walk from the hotel at the other end of town.
We have also made use of the hotel's free shuttle bus which takes you to Traders in Georgetown, but also stops at Gurney Plaza en route.
All in all an excellent hotel for relaxing and recharging the batteries!
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Sayang Resort And Spa
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Sayang Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Sayang Hotel
- Shangri Las Rasa Sayang Hotel
- Rasa Sayang Penang
- Shangri Las Rasa Sayang Resort
- Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa Penang/Batu Ferringhi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rasa Sayang Resort and Spa is a luxury resort at Batu Feringgi, one of the most inviting beaches in Malaysia. George Town, the oldest colonial city in the country, is less than an hour away by complimentary shuttle, and offers a fascinating mix of Chinese, Malay and Indian culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.