My wife and i stayed here from March 5th, The staff we found were all very helpful from the time we checked in till checking out, nothing was a problem. The room had a seaview (which is recommened), a large double bed and a nice bathroom and was cleaned every day.
Plenty of choice at breakfast time.
The pool area and beachside garden had plenty sunbeds chairs and tables,cold water drinking dispensers and ice available if needed were by the icecream counter.
Theres plenty to do everyday if you want to get involved, water volley ball, tai chi etc. I did the jungle trek one morning, there was only 3 of us on it.
The food we ate there was from sigi's was good and they have dining specials most nights.
The hawker stalls are just outside and are great fun with very tasty food and lots of choices, good value for money, we ate there 8 out of 10 nights.
Theres a good chinese (ok cafe) just at the side of the hotel,turn left up the side road off the beach, its run by Liang & Loon (lovely couple) and cold tiger t off Patrick, its closed on tues and shuts at 5.
The hotel runs a courtesy bus into Georgetown,took about an hour to get there the traffic is very busy,we got off at traders near the Komtar centre,it also stops at Gurney shopping mall.
All in all a fantastic time was had at a fantastic hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Sands Resort by Shangri-La in Malaysia, Penang is the epitome of premier resort getaway for families, groups and individual travellers. Situated in the midst of a laid-back seaside village and the popular Batu Feringgi beach, its locale provides ample opportunity for exploration and leisure. Embraced by sun, surf and fun, the resort's diversity and accessibility is the perfect antidote for jet lag and boredom. Among its 387 rooms include the biggest family suites, with some equipped with Murphy beds (a retractable bed that fits neatly into walls). Dining options include Sigi's Bar & Grill on the beach, a Garden Cafe with 360 degree view of the gardens and pools, a Lobby Lounge overlooking the landscaped garden, state-of-art meeting rooms, banquet hall and Cool Lounge, an innovative transit lounge for early check-in and late check-out stand ready to serve guests. George Town, a UNESCO world heritage site is a short drive away. So are the island's nature trails and myriad cultural centres. Recreational facilities include a water sports center, three tennis courts, Health Club , a Par 3 Executive Golf Courts, two swimming pools with an outdoor Jacuzzi and Adventure Zone, an in house Family Entertainment Centre. An evolving recreational calendar includes activities organized for in-house guests of all ages ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Golden Sands Resort by Shangri-La reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Sands Resort By Shangri-La Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Golden Sands Batu Ferringhi
- Golden Sands Resort By Shangri-La Penang/Batu Ferringhi