Stayed here in December with my family of 7 adults and 2 kids. Great service from the staff upon arrival. We arrived earlier than the check in time, but we got our rooms ready- all clean and polish. We were even upgraded to the rooms facing the sea, right smack at the centre. Wonderful view! Breakfast was good with variety of choices.
The beach was lovely and there are people that can arrange for water sport if you are interested. One thing to note though, the beach has jellyfish so you cannot swim in it. They had a small area where it was possible to swim but we deicded instead to book a boat to monkey island directly from the hotel beach and went there in the morning. Took about 20 minutes to get there and we swam there. You could arrange for a barbeque at the monkey island beach as well.
If you need to book a tour, the hotel can help you with it. Or you could go out on the streets, there are plenty of tour agency that can arrange for you. Restaurant, local food stalls and spas are just abundant outside the hotel. There are even night markets. What more do you need??
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Sands Resort by Shangri-La in Malaysia, Penang is the epitome of premier resort getaway for families, groups and individual travellers. Situated in the midst of a laid-back seaside village and the popular Batu Feringgi beach, its locale provides ample opportunity for exploration and leisure. Embraced by sun, surf and fun, the resort's diversity and accessibility is the perfect antidote for jet lag and boredom. Among its 387 rooms include the biggest family suites, with some equipped with Murphy beds (a retractable bed that fits neatly into walls). Dining options include Sigi's Bar & Grill on the beach, a Garden Cafe with 360 degree view of the gardens and pools, a Lobby Lounge overlooking the landscaped garden, state-of-art meeting rooms, banquet hall and Cool Lounge, an innovative transit lounge for early check-in and late check-out stand ready to serve guests. George Town, a UNESCO world heritage site is a short drive away. So are the island's nature trails and myriad cultural centres. Recreational facilities include a water sports center, three tennis courts, Health Club , a Par 3 Executive Golf Courts, two swimming pools with an outdoor Jacuzzi and Adventure Zone, an in house Family Entertainment Centre. An evolving recreational calendar includes activities organized for in-house guests of all ages ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Agoda, Tingo, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Golden Sands Resort by Shangri-La reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Sands Resort By Shangri-La Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Golden Sands Batu Ferringhi
- Golden Sands Resort By Shangri-La Penang/Batu Ferringhi