Penang is a flight from Kuala Lumpa and after a long flight I began to think this was a stop over too far! A 45 minute flight and then a 40 minute taxi drive with a driver who from his driving thought we were trying to qualify for the Malaysian Grand Prix ! However once at the hotel We were pleased we had made the effort .The bedrooms were well equipped and comfortable .The breakfasts were excellent and the little cafe near the beach delightful especially the band that sang for the guests. The communal areas including pool areas ,lounges, spa and gardens were beautiful .The night market is just beyond the hotels gates which is another plus point.This hotel benefits from close proximity to a sandy beach with a wide array of watersports on offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Sands Resort by Shangri-La in Malaysia, Penang is the epitome of premier resort getaway for families, groups and individual travellers. Situated in the midst of a laid-back seaside village and the popular Batu Feringgi beach, its locale provides ample opportunity for exploration and leisure. Embraced by sun, surf and fun, the resort's diversity and accessibility is the perfect antidote for jet lag and boredom. Among its 387 rooms include the biggest family suites, with some equipped with Murphy beds (a retractable bed that fits neatly into walls). Dining options include Sigi's Bar & Grill on the beach, a Garden Cafe with 360 degree view of the gardens and pools, a Lobby Lounge overlooking the landscaped garden, state-of-art meeting rooms, banquet hall and Cool Lounge, an innovative transit lounge for early check-in and late check-out stand ready to serve guests. George Town, a UNESCO world heritage site is a short drive away. So are the island's nature trails and myriad cultural centres. Recreational facilities include a water sports center, three tennis courts, Health Club , a Par 3 Executive Golf Courts, two swimming pools with an outdoor Jacuzzi and Adventure Zone, an in house Family Entertainment Centre. An evolving recreational calendar includes activities organized for in-house guests of all ages ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Golden Sands Resort by Shangri-La reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Sands Resort By Shangri-La Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Golden Sands Batu Ferringhi
- Golden Sands Resort By Shangri-La Penang/Batu Ferringhi