We stayed at The Golden Sands in September 2011 during my friend's wedding. We secured a room on level 3 for $100 per night.
We could not believe the value for money in this hotel. The service was extreemly friendly the staff were never unhappy or unattentive.
The A/C in our room was not working on our arrival but it was fixed within the hour while we enjoyed the pool and gardens.
Right next door is another (and slightly more upmarket) resort which belongs to the same chain. They share the grounds and gardens flow through between the two.
The rooms were very well presented and felt quite luxurious expecially for $100 per night. You could barely get a Motel for that kind of money in my hometown of Perth, Western Australia.
I would not hesistate recommending this resort to my friends and would happily stay there again.
Infact one of my friends and his partner just came back from there in Oct 2012 and were also very impressed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Sands Resort by Shangri-La in Malaysia, Penang is the epitome of premier resort getaway for families, groups and individual travellers. Situated in the midst of a laid-back seaside village and the popular Batu Feringgi beach, its locale provides ample opportunity for exploration and leisure. Embraced by sun, surf and fun, the resort's diversity and accessibility is the perfect antidote for jet lag and boredom. Among its 387 rooms include the biggest family suites, with some equipped with Murphy beds (a retractable bed that fits neatly into walls). Dining options include Sigi's Bar & Grill on the beach, a Garden Cafe with 360 degree view of the gardens and pools, a Lobby Lounge overlooking the landscaped garden, state-of-art meeting rooms, banquet hall and Cool Lounge, an innovative transit lounge for early check-in and late check-out stand ready to serve guests. George Town, a UNESCO world heritage site is a short drive away. So are the island's nature trails and myriad cultural centres. Recreational facilities include a water sports center, three tennis courts, Health Club , a Par 3 Executive Golf Courts, two swimming pools with an outdoor Jacuzzi and Adventure Zone, an in house Family Entertainment Centre. An evolving recreational calendar includes activities organized for in-house guests of all ages ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Golden Sands Resort by Shangri-La reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Sands Resort By Shangri-La Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Golden Sands Batu Ferringhi
- Golden Sands Resort By Shangri-La Penang/Batu Ferringhi