Love this hotel and have been there 6 times the last being feb this year. The hotel has been updated since we were there 5 years ago now having a cool lounge with computers and library if you fancy 'chill' time. Now free wi fi and this works in the hotel grounds too. The strip had changed since we were last there and there is building work going on so in a few years time guess the area be totally different. The staff are lovely and nothing too much trouble. We had a sea view room which gives great views out to sea especially great to watch the lightening out at sea. We were there over Chinese new year and the hotel was busier for about 4 or 5 days. Recommendations for eating: out of the front of the hotel across the road to your left is a bug building with a bank on the ground floor. On the second floor is a restaurant called Andrew's - he used to be on the main strip road. Excellent food. Does al la carte but also an all you can eat buffet for 24 ringgits. It's not a buffet as such you choose off the menu and you can have as many dishes as you want. We used to have small amounts of 6 different starters and usually 4 mains plus rice, veg etc and ice cream for less than £6 each. His sister has a little place for lunch. Out of the hotel gardens at the back turn left then first left up a little walkway. You can eat there at lunchtime for about £3 each and she also makes sandwiches which we had to ake away. Don't order anything bigger than small for one person as small consists of 4 slices of bread all for just over £1.
All in all a brill hol again and will deinately be back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Sands Resort by Shangri-La in Malaysia, Penang is the epitome of premier resort getaway for families, groups and individual travellers. Situated in the midst of a laid-back seaside village and the popular Batu Feringgi beach, its locale provides ample opportunity for exploration and leisure. Embraced by sun, surf and fun, the resort's diversity and accessibility is the perfect antidote for jet lag and boredom. Among its 387 rooms include the biggest family suites, with some equipped with Murphy beds (a retractable bed that fits neatly into walls). Dining options include Sigi's Bar & Grill on the beach, a Garden Cafe with 360 degree view of the gardens and pools, a Lobby Lounge overlooking the landscaped garden, state-of-art meeting rooms, banquet hall and Cool Lounge, an innovative transit lounge for early check-in and late check-out stand ready to serve guests. George Town, a UNESCO world heritage site is a short drive away. So are the island's nature trails and myriad cultural centres. Recreational facilities include a water sports center, three tennis courts, Health Club , a Par 3 Executive Golf Courts, two swimming pools with an outdoor Jacuzzi and Adventure Zone, an in house Family Entertainment Centre. An evolving recreational calendar includes activities organized for in-house guests of all ages ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Golden Sands Resort by Shangri-La reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Sands Resort By Shangri-La Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Golden Sands Batu Ferringhi
- Golden Sands Resort By Shangri-La Penang/Batu Ferringhi