Golden Sands resort is a very relaxed and comfortable hotel with all the amenities you need and a good location for a it of rest and relaxation.
We were upgraded to a sea view room free of charge on arrival which was a welcome surprise and were very happy with our stay.
The breakfast was very good (Even having just come from Shangri La KL!) and staff always very friendly and helpful.
Cocktails at Sigi's bar were of a very high standard although priced quite high (To be expected in a hotel bar).
We had lunch most days while soaking in the sun in the gardens from Sigis and the food was always very good and actually a reasonable price, although we found the 'wave a flag for service' quite amusing (but beats having to get up!)
The resort is right on the beach which was very useful when a very kind skipper gave us a ride back to the hotel from Monkey beach in a VERY fast speedboat... Great fun.
The shuttle bus from Batu Ferringgi to Traders Hotel in Georgetown is very useful for getting into town and saves a bit of cash getting a taxi which would probably cost about 40-50RM.
All in all, a very pleasent stay and we were sad to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Sands Resort by Shangri-La in Penang, Malaysia is the epitome of a resort getaway for families, groups and individual travellers. Situated along the popular Batu Feringgi Beach, its locale provides ample opportunity for exploration and leisure. Among its 387 rooms include the biggest family suites, some equipped with Murphy beds (a retractable bed that fits neatly into walls). Children aged 5 to 12 years old can join the complimentary Cool Zone Kids' Club with fun daily activities from 9:30am to 9pm which is inclusive of lunch and dinner. Dining options include Sigi's Bar & Grill on the Beach, a Garden Cafe with views of the gardens and pools, a Lobby Lounge which overlooks the landscaped gardens, state-of-art meeting rooms, a ballroom and Cool Lounge, an innovative transit lounge for early check-in and late check-out. George Town, a UNESCO World Heritage site, is a short drive away. So are the island's nature trails and landmarks. Recreational facilities include an Eco Centre, tennis courts, Health Club, a Par 3 pitch and putt golf course, swimming pools with outdoor jacuzzi and Adventure Zone, an in-house modular family entertainment centre. An evolving recreational calendar includes activities organized for in-house guests of all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Golden Sands Resort by Shangri-La reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Sands Resort By Shangri-La Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Golden Sands Batu Ferringhi
- Golden Sands Resort By Shangri-La Penang/Batu Ferringhi