We had been recommended this by others with children. It is definitely a good hotel for relaxing with children. Had room with hill view, large with space for travel cot, room clean. Breakfast buffet was massive (could get a little crowded) with a range of food for everyone. From our 2yr olds point of view, great pools. A range of different pools with the shallow area having a permenant sunshade. Good location on Batu Ferringhi with access to a variety of street food vendors. didn't eat any evening meals in the hotel so can't comment on anything apart from breakfast.
Used the pitch and put golf course which was good fun and right on the doorstep. Used the free shuttle bus into Penang which was allowed plenty of time for sight seeing trips into Penang and escape the beach area for a bit!
Tip: We opted for the hotel airport transfer for pick up which was a little expensive (our fault, should have realised!) Its 80MYR for a taxi from the airport but obviously the car isn't as big or as nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Sands Resort by Shangri-La in Malaysia, Penang is the epitome of premier resort getaway for families, groups and individual travellers. Situated in the midst of a laid-back seaside village and the popular Batu Feringgi beach, its locale provides ample opportunity for exploration and leisure. Embraced by sun, surf and fun, the resort's diversity and accessibility is the perfect antidote for jet lag and boredom. Among its 387 rooms include the biggest family suites, with some equipped with Murphy beds (a retractable bed that fits neatly into walls). Dining options include Sigi's Bar & Grill on the beach, a Garden Cafe with 360 degree view of the gardens and pools, a Lobby Lounge overlooking the landscaped garden, state-of-art meeting rooms, banquet hall and Cool Lounge, an innovative transit lounge for early check-in and late check-out stand ready to serve guests. George Town, a UNESCO world heritage site is a short drive away. So are the island's nature trails and myriad cultural centres. Recreational facilities include a water sports center, three tennis courts, Health Club , a Par 3 Executive Golf Courts, two swimming pools with an outdoor Jacuzzi and Adventure Zone, an in house Family Entertainment Centre. An evolving recreational calendar includes activities organized for in-house guests of all ages ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Otel, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Golden Sands Resort by Shangri-La reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Sands Resort By Shangri-La Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Golden Sands Batu Ferringhi
- Golden Sands Resort By Shangri-La Penang/Batu Ferringhi