We have just returned from a seven day stay at the Golden Sands. We had a hill facing room on the 7th floor (715) away from the mosque. We were very fortunate to be able to check in at 11.30am after our early flight and had time to catch up on some sleep. Our room was lovely and I enjoyed the view of the hill and trees from the big couch under the window. We enjoyed a few drinks during happy hour - I can recommend the FBI and the Pina colada - coconut milk rather than malibu. Breakfast was a huge spread, plenty of choice. We also ate in the restaurant for "Hawker night" as a comparison to eating at Long Beach. Use the money changer opposite Long Beach - much better rates than the hotel. We used the computers in the Cool Lounge to do our online check in and were able to print out the boarding passes - no charge. Free wifi is available throughout the hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Sands Resort By Shangri-La Hotel
- Golden Sands Resort By Shangri-La Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Golden Sands Batu Ferringhi
- Golden Sands Resort By Shangri-La Penang/Batu Ferringhi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Sands Resort by Shangri-La in Malaysia, Penang is the epitome of premier resort getaway for families, groups and individual travellers. Situated in the midst of a laid-back seaside village and the popular Batu Feringgi beach, its locale provides ample opportunity for exploration and leisure. Embraced by sun, surf and fun, the resort's diversity and accessibility is the perfect antidote for jet lag and boredom. Among its 387 rooms include the biggest family suites, with some equipped with Murphy beds (a retractable bed that fits neatly into walls). Dining options include Sigi's Bar & Grill on the beach, a Garden Cafe with 360 degree view of the gardens and pools, a Lobby Lounge overlooking the landscaped garden, state-of-art meeting rooms, banquet hall and Cool Lounge, an innovative transit lounge for early check-in and late check-out stand ready to serve guests. George Town, a UNESCO world heritage site is a short drive away. So are the island's nature trails and myriad cultural centres. Recreational facilities include a water sports center, three tennis courts, Health Club , a Par 3 Executive Golf Courts, two swimming pools with an outdoor Jacuzzi and Adventure Zone, an in house Family Entertainment Centre. An evolving recreational calendar includes activities organized for in-house guests of all ages ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your Golden Sands Resort by Shangri-La reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.