“OMG RUN RUN RUN AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Leisure Cove Resort

Leisure Cove Resort
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Batu Ferringhi
Leisure Cove Resort
You added Leisure Cove Resort to your Saves list
Number 563 Jalan Wee Hein Tze, Batu Ferringhi, Penang Island 11200, Malaysia   |
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Batu Ferringhi
Toronto, Canada
“OMG RUN RUN RUN AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Where do I start?

I checked into this property and within 5 minutes...I was OUT. From the outside, it looks like a decent place to stay but DON'T BE FOOLED. This is probably the worst maintained property I've ever had the misfortune of checking into. From the reception area, to the elevator (which omitted a terrible stench of carcinogenic, toxic paint lacquer), to the poorly arranged/maintained "suite"...I just don't know why anyone who is anyone would find this place acceptable at any price range. The only reason why I ended up here was because my timeshare company recommended and booked it (they will be hearing from me!)

I quickly booked myself into another hotel - which is pretty amazing so far.

Seriously, Leisure Cove reminds me of "The Shining"...I was literally looking over my shoulder walking in the hallway..it's like a ghost town.

Poor receptionist. She is so friendly...she didn't even look surprised when I told her I wouldn't be staying!

Room Tip: RUN! Run as fast as you can!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights. It needs maintenance and major upgrade. The room although is quite clean but the furnitures and fixtures in the room are outdated, they need to be replaced. The property is poorly maintained. It is very obvious that the room needs to be painted. It is almost spooky at night. The roof top pool is nice but again, the area around the pool needs to be upgraded. No front desk attendants at night after 8PM, you are out of luck if you need assistance. Public access to the beach is next to the hotel but the beach isn't too pleasant. A cleaner beach is about 5-10min walk near the Infinity residence. You need a car to get around as it is not near any attractions. It locates in Tanjung Bungah area. Much nicer hotels are at Batu Ferringhi area where you will find most of the tourist attractions and water sports.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Penang Island, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Or should I say no maintenance at all? The place was quite famous in the previous years. Nowadays it's quite run down and looks dirty and run down. It's a waste that it was let be. Value for money but really a waste now.... Good location though.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights with my family and rate is as average, if not poor. It is a basic hotel, well located along the Batu Feringgi stretch. There are 2 major drawbacks:
1) The maintenance of the rooms are very poor, bathroom doors are rotten, the main door lock is faulty and appeared to be broken into and repaired. The furniture appeared old. I believe the hotel management should seriously look into refurbishments to bring it up to the expected standards.
2) Insufficient car parks, hence I had to park along the road side. I learned later that parking along the road side is not legal and I could have been issued a parking ticket.
3) Security is not seen to be good as anyone could just walk in and out of the hotel, there are no security personnel at the main entrance and I am not sure if the CCTV is operational.

Room Tip: You may want to demand to see the room first before agreeing to accept it.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Petaling Jaya
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed for two nights over the weekend and I must say that this accommodation had its heyday in the 90s. Now, it's poorly maintained and rundown but still livable. Nonetheless, location is not too bad as it is between Batu Ferringhi and town area, definitely a peaceful area for travelers. It's easier if travelers have a vehicle, else there's a bus stop along the mainroad where one can hop on to head to town or towards Batu Ferringhi. It is that convenient. As my friends and I were out most of the day and only back to this accommodation at night, there was nothing much to comment as we managed to sleep through the night soundlessly. With some renovation works on the interior and continuous effort to upkeep this place would create a better stay for travelers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My friend in Penang, very kindly let us use this "resort" whilst we were holidaying on the island. The last time they were there was a few years previosuly. Our experience of our stay (cut drastically short after 1 night) is based on our observation of public areas, the lift and our room in the complex.

In short the complex fell very very short of a time share "resort" The owners should either make a hefty investment to totally upgrade the place or sell it to somebody who could/would turn the place around!

Public areas were dusty & dirty and furniture and fittings were torn, and not maintained at all. The lift was really filthy. The complex really look & felt sorry for itself. Service was not existent, and the receptionist was not very interested to answer our questions on some simple questions e.g. is there wi fi/internet service, where can you go for food etc.

Our room was a health hazard. The ceiling in the shower was blackened with moulds and dark green spores, the ceiling over the "kitchen area" was mouldy and some of the paint was falling off, & other celing areas in the entrance and sitting area were in similar conditions.

There was some building work being done, and although there was notice to inform guests, there was no attempts for management to instruct "builders' to ensure areas were kept dust free etc.

We left after spending an uneasy night in LC, andwhen we share our experience with our friends they really felt embarassed they suggested the complex to us.

In conclusion, I think LC should close down and not open for custom until a complete refurbishment job is done on it!

Room Tip: Do you really want to spend a night here?
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Banbury, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

we arrived on Christmas Eve to find major refurbishment taking place in all public areas of the resort. a notice informed us that there hadnt been any hot water for the previous 4 days and wouldnt be any for the foreseeable future. the apartment itself was completely run down and filthy with stained bedding. particles of food were attached to all surfaces within the cupboard and the microwave. it was in a completely dilapadated state and not fit for purpose. i wouldnt recommend that anyone stay here!

Room Tip: pick a different hotel!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Leisure Cove Resort? Share your experiences!