“I am shocked!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Leisure Cove Resort

Leisure Cove Resort
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Batu Ferringhi
Leisure Cove Resort
You added Leisure Cove Resort to your Saves list
Number 563 Jalan Wee Hein Tze, Batu Ferringhi, Penang Island 11200, Malaysia   |
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Batu Ferringhi
London, United Kingdom
“I am shocked!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My friend in Penang, very kindly let us use this "resort" whilst we were holidaying on the island. The last time they were there was a few years previosuly. Our experience of our stay (cut drastically short after 1 night) is based on our observation of public areas, the lift and our room in the complex.

In short the complex fell very very short of a time share "resort" The owners should either make a hefty investment to totally upgrade the place or sell it to somebody who could/would turn the place around!

Public areas were dusty & dirty and furniture and fittings were torn, and not maintained at all. The lift was really filthy. The complex really look & felt sorry for itself. Service was not existent, and the receptionist was not very interested to answer our questions on some simple questions e.g. is there wi fi/internet service, where can you go for food etc.

Our room was a health hazard. The ceiling in the shower was blackened with moulds and dark green spores, the ceiling over the "kitchen area" was mouldy and some of the paint was falling off, & other celing areas in the entrance and sitting area were in similar conditions.

There was some building work being done, and although there was notice to inform guests, there was no attempts for management to instruct "builders' to ensure areas were kept dust free etc.

We left after spending an uneasy night in LC, andwhen we share our experience with our friends they really felt embarassed they suggested the complex to us.

In conclusion, I think LC should close down and not open for custom until a complete refurbishment job is done on it!

Room Tip: Do you really want to spend a night here?
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Banbury, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

we arrived on Christmas Eve to find major refurbishment taking place in all public areas of the resort. a notice informed us that there hadnt been any hot water for the previous 4 days and wouldnt be any for the foreseeable future. the apartment itself was completely run down and filthy with stained bedding. particles of food were attached to all surfaces within the cupboard and the microwave. it was in a completely dilapadated state and not fit for purpose. i wouldnt recommend that anyone stay here!

Room Tip: pick a different hotel!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

This is a timeshare unit so not sure whether opened to public for rental. It is so unfortunate that this property has turned to this condition as the units are really really not bad. Ok, let's start with the plusses:
1) Location is great as it is in between Gurney and Batu Feringghi and it is quiet with bearable traffic.
2) There is a seafood restaurant at the ground floor and I heard it was good. We didn't get to try it though. Across the resort there is also a great seafood restaurant by the name of Sunshine Bay Restaurant. Great food and cheap!! Must try.
3) It has a beach front!! How many such properties have this?
4)The rooftop pool is also quite beautiful as it faces the sea and the view is magnificent! Checked it out and the pool is clean. Just didn't hv time to have a dip.
5) The units are huge...can sleep 6 for a 2 bedroom but can easily take 8, of course, addtional patrons > 6 would be charged. It is clean albeit old.
6) The central aircon for the unit is strong. A relief from the heat outside.

The cons:
1) Really run down and when I was there, renovations seemed to have started. Let's hope for the best that it is really renovations and not just exterior touch ups.
2) NO HOT WATER - for the whole duration I was there....everything else I can put up with but this was a bit too much. At least the reception should be honest enough to own up but they kept giving up hope everyday that the repair works were on the way...obviously this is not true!! As I hv senior citizens in my group, it was a great inconvenience as I have to buy a pail to store hot water for their baths...my goodness...it was an embarrassment as my guests were from Singapore.
3) Receptionist were not helpful at all and can be rude. They were so lethargic doing their work and looks like it was a chore for them.
4) Although the amenities in the units are in working order, they are so worn and old. The kitchen cabinet looks like it will fall apart and the flush in the toilets don't work very well. But thank god we had a good maintenance guy...i think he is called Azhar...very helpful and skillful!!
5) Bedding is old and worn but still ok.... but I believe a new set would be welcomed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

My stay at Leisure Cove (LC) was booked using time-share.
My comments were for Unit 101 - I was initially given Unit 606 and then moved to 101 when the guests checked-out the next day since I was very unhappy with 606 which had water marks on the ceiling, wash-rooms that were moldy, room doors that had no locks, etc, etc. 101 was a much better unit - though it was smaller, it was cleaner and had sea view. Insufficient lights in bath area of master bedroom. Though it was cleaner than 606, improvement can definitely be made - furniture and floors were dusty. Not much amenities in toilet - bath towels were provided, toilet roll and shower caps - just basic. Air-condition in master bedroom was not that silent.
There were maintenance work when I stayed there - so it was noisy and elevators were soggy with water on the wood that were boarded. I guessed this was because there was no enforcement of guests using pool or the sea to ensure that they dried up before entering the elevators. Maintenance also disrupted the pump for the toilets = no flush and air-condition was disrupted during my last night stay (thank God not during my whole stay).
Also, because there was a restaurant on the ground floor, parking lots were limited - no reserved parking for guests of LC - during a weekend it was a scramble with the patrons but during the weekday, it was not too bad.
If not for the units that required much upgrading, location was good - not too near the town to be in the mess of traffic: 6 km to Gurney Drive food paradise though prices were not the best in Penang. Nearer to LC is Viva food court (3 km) which had cheaper priced hawker food and pretty good. Also there was a Nasi Padang stall at Tanjung Bungah Medan Selera which sold reasonable, varied and fresh choices of food - it's a 1.5km U-turn towards Batu Ferringhi. If food is why you are in Penang, there is also a nasi kandar (Line Clear) at the beginning of Penang Road following the flow of traffic - worth a try.
Overall I would say that LC needs much improvement to make it bearable for a good holiday / stay.

Room Tip: If possible ask the reception to let you view afew units before you decide which one you want.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Leisure Cove Resort? Share your experiences!