“Rocking good time at Hard Rock” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Rock Hotel Penang

You added Hard Rock Hotel Penang to your Saves list
Hard Rock Hotel Penang
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Batu Ferringhi Beach, Batu Ferringhi, Penang Island 11100, Malaysia   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Batu Ferringhi
Singapore, Singapore
“Rocking good time at Hard Rock”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Loved the Lagoon Deluxe room with just steps from the swimming pool. The adjacent Hard Rock Cafe was a great place to wind down and just chill. The staffs were among the friendliest and most efficient I have encountered. I could not fault anyone. Everyone served me and my 2 friends like doting friends. Checking in and out were a breeze.
My only gripe is with the extra bed for the 3rd person in my group. It was miles uncomfortable compared with the beds in the room. I would have preferred an actual triple room with stationary 3rd bed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Went for 4 days short getaway to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday. Environment was awesome and very friendly, check-in was a breeze and we were served with welcome drinks. They also gave a small birthday cake to us. I booked a Seaview Deluxe room, room was nice too. From deco to amenities, everything was as expected to be. I love the fact that it is a themed hotel. They always have activities going on which makes it fun for the guests. It suits every needs from couples to families. Very hard for you to get bored as there are always something to do. What blew us away was the service provided by the staff, it was exceptional. We went to Hard Rock Cafe for birthday dinner. I told one of the staff that it is my boyfriend's birthday and the only thing he asked me was his name. The next thing I know after we had dinner, they came with a slice of cheesecake and birthday dedication from the band. They even took our picture together, print with HRC frame and have it to us as souvenir. That's really thoughtful of them. Coming from service industry myself, I could really say hands down to the service team. Your people really makes the difference. Will definitely come again!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
ipoh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Everything looked fine in this hotel but the hotel room not yet ready during our check in time.It was really terrible for a 5 stars hotel to have this mistake, not only me, i saw a lot traveller also waiting at the lobby side just for the room. I'm very dissappointed with this point.
Besides, there are not much choice for breakfast buffet.
I think they can improve more on this since we pay so much for a night.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
hardrockhotelpenang, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Penang, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Jess,

Thank you for staying with us in December of last year and for your generally positive review, with exception to the wait on arrival or course.

December is our busiest month of the year which brings a swell of tourist numbers into Penang over this holiday period. As such hotels run at full occupancies, particularly ours as the most popular hotel on the island. Unfortunately this can delay check-in times should guests arrive early in the day, and I apologise for the hour wait on your arrival. Based on your reviewer name I am unable to find your booking to determine what time you arrived.

I am surpised that we did not meet your expectations in relation to our breakfast buffet options, possibly as a result of your assumption that we are 5 star. This is a common assumption from our guests based on our service, product, and overall experience when in fact we are a 4 star property.

Would be great if you could contact me at shane.coates@hardrockhotels.net with more information regarding your booking.

Thank you once again for choosing Hard Rock Penang and we hope to welcome you back to the show sometime in the near future.

Rockin' Regards

Shane Coates
Executive Assistant Manager
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

It was an awesome experience to stay in this hotel. Great environment theoughtout the hotel. Room was excellent, we could just leap into the pool from our room! Staff are really friendly. Enjoy every minute at this hotel, we will definitely come back again.

• Stayed March 2014
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel 3 years ago within my honeymoon trip to malaysia, within our trip all hotels we stayed in were 5-star hotels except this one. but I have to stay it was better than 5-stars hotels with services, relaxation and location.
The hotel has a very big well designed pool. The location was great for shopping and close to many restaurants and spa centers.
The staff was very friendly and helpful.
If I go back to malaysia again, this hotel will be the only one that I will think to stay in penang.

Room Tip: Rooms in sea side
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Nice junior suite room. Although not as huge as expected, but it is perfect. The view is breathtakingly beautiful. Two thumbs up for the food!! Staffs are friendly and nice. Awesome swimming pool. Can enjoy the sunrise and sunset at the beach. Good place to be for a holiday.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Coolangatta, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We booked 2 rooms for 6 days in May 2014. I have read many negative comments about the staff, children and the noise at this resort after booking and found none of it to be true. We found the resort to be full of life with awesome staff who want to help you and make your stay rockin'. Darwin at the pool bar, Mel at the Rock Spa and Dzar (don't think I spelt that right) at concierge were exceptional and made our stay amazing. If you are looking for a private couple resort don't bother, but if you are looking for a fun resort where the staff care about your rockin' experience this is the place to be. Breakfast was great with lots of choices, kinda glad Starz was being refurbished as sitting by the pool was very relaxing and a great view. Thanks Hard Rock for an excellent experience.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the pool room it is worth it!!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Penang? Share your experiences!