“Thank you Gabby - Best guide Jamaica has to offer” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1 Attractions in Lances Bay
Type: Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer private day tours and local tour guides and transportation for travellers. We can accommodate 1-35 passengers at a time. Jamaican Routes is not your average tour company. Our personalized service in providing local knowledge is what you need to explore this great country safely and with your satisfaction in mind. Fully licensed by the Jamaican Tourist Board (JTB). We offer complete transportation packages including Montego Bay Airport Transfers to amazing local hotels or to Negril, Ocho Rios and Port Antonio...Also exclusive Hidden Gems not found in any tour guide... Any where you want to go with personalized ontime service at competitive rates. Please call us at numbers listed at jamaicanroutes online
“Thank you Gabby - Best guide Jamaica has to offer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2014

We recently stayed in Jamaica (Ocho Rios) for the first time and, thanks to Trip Advisor, found Jamiacan Routes as an option for tour guide services. We spoke with Gabby prior to our departure to discuss what we were hoping to see. I had no idea what to expect because I had never been out of the United States before. Gabby was truly amazing and all of the positive reviews here don't come close to describing how wonderful the quiet, yet informative man that has lived his life on the island of Jamaica really was. He let me ask as many questions as I wanted about the life and culture of Jamaica. We enjoyed fresh coconut (with the jelly), avacado's that were "fit", honey bananas and my favorite Soursop, right on the side of the road. We enjoyed the best Jerk Chicken at Little David's Jerk Centre just outside of Port Antionio near a beautiful place he recommended we visit called Boston Beach.

He was also a part of a marriage proposal for which I'm truly grateful because he took some really beautiful pictures with our camera. I had no idea it was happening and he was able to capture the moment perfectly at the spot he recommended...Boston Beach.

Thank you Gabby!!! We will meet again.
One Love - The Sun, The Moon and the Stars at noon November 10, 2014
Much love and respect,
Brian and Christine

Visited November 2014

Phoenix, Arizona
“Gabby was the PERFECT Guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Another perfect review for Gabby! We found him online at the last minute after Orbitz tried to extort additional payment from us for the travel service we had booked with our package. How fortunate! He picked up my girlfriend and I at the airport and, from then on, we were set. Gabby took us through Lucea on our way to the hotel and introduced us to the local market and got our cash exchanged and some cell phone minutes. It was an immediate introduction to the people and food of the country.

We ended up spending a couple days at our AI resort before getting the itch to go out and check out things. We called up Gabby and he had us to Rick's for the sunset that evening. The next day we hit Appleton Estates and the Pelican Bar. All along the way, Gabby was able to answer all our questions about the people, government, culture, and history. And, in true American fashion, every time we asked about food, Gabby had a place to find great produce or jerk chicken.

On the flight home, we could not stop talking about how fortunate we had been to come across Gabby. His guidance was key to our interacting with everyone outside the resort and getting the most out of our short stay. Even if you are planning on mostly staying at a resort -- which was mostly our plan -- call Gabby when you do go out and about.

Gabby is punctual, knowledgeable, friendly, and an all around expert. I'd go on and on about our experience with him but it's not necessary. He runs a top-notch service and you're sure to be in good hands if you go with Jamaican Routes.

Visited August 2014
Westbrook, Maine
5 attraction reviews
“Sightseeing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

What an amazing experience! We saw, we touched, we tasted Jamaica. Gabby took us to all the "tourist" attractions we wanted to see, he recommended a few more we didn't know about, then, he took us to the "market" where we wandered around, ate different fruits, drank a smoothie and were exposed to the very different culture than ours here at home. It was just wonderful. He gave us history lessons and adventures all in one. If we ever get back there, Jamaican Routes will be our first call to make sure we have the best guide on the island.

Visited June 2014
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
6 attraction reviews
“The most reliable travel agency in ALL Jamaica.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I hope I am not confusing travel agencies. I want to write a review about Jamaican Routes. Mr. Joel Richardson, 855-246-7710, http://www.jamaicanroutes.com/.

Joel is the most honest, professional, resolute, nice, helpful and organized tour guide in the whole entire country of Jamaica. He always kept his word, provided the promised or booked services, informed in the best way possible about routes and facilities and is a very trustable person. Book your holidays with him, you won't regret it. There are some Jamaican tour guides/agencies that just lie in absolutely everything they promise before you arrive in the country and then the trip turns into a nightmare. Everything crystal clear with Joel and his partner.

Visited April 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Incredible experience and truly unforgettable!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Great company and felt part of the family from first moment I met Gabby & Joel. They showed me the real Jamaica, felt safe at every step and even leant me a local phone to make life easier! We travelled down to treasure beach where I was invited to spend an amazing but short day eating, chillin and visited the pelican bar! Great fun Jamaican routes really made me feel at ease travelling solo and made this trip unforgettable. Will definitely be making another trip to Jamaica and will be giving Jamaican routes a call - made great friends for life. Ya man - peace x

joel r, Owner at Jamaican Routes Private Tours, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Miss P,
You were a pleasure to host here in sunny Jamaica. Please come back. We know you will and someday bring your medical professionalism and compasion with you!
Wishing you well in your endeavors. Gabby and Joel

Been to Jamaican Routes Private Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Jamaican Routes Private Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.