I stayed 2 nights with Ron and Lorraine. I stayed in the Lodge part where you share bathrooms.
I normally stay in very nice hotels so this was an adjustment for me. But in return you have access to their expertise of the Tongariro crossing. I hired a private guide even though Lorraine thought I didn't need one. But I really enjoyed having the company and knowledge of a guide. In addition almost everyone staying at the lodge was doing the crossing so I was able to socialize/compare stories with others who were making the crossing. I loved the hike and would recommend it to those who love to tramp.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hi and Welcome to Adventure National Park. Ron & Lorraine welcome you to their lodge and motel in National Park Village. We cater for families, groups, and the independent traveler. Your choice of deluxe one bedroom units with King size beds, standard studio motel units with Queen Size Beds and private facilities. Our budget lodge rooms with double beds or Twin share, shared bathrooms, lounge and kitchen. Bed and Breakfast options available. Comfortable warm beds, electric blankets, Sky TV in lodge and all units, drying room, Internet and wireless access available, large open fire, Dinner, Breakfast and a packed lunch available. Department of Conservation authorized shuttle to and from the Tongariro Crossing departing daily weather dependent, let us take care of you with our Tongariro Freedom Package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Adventure Lodge & Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adventure Lodge And Motel
- Adventure Hotel Tongariro National Park