Very gracious and welcoming hosts - very knowleagable about local resources. By far the best breakfast in our 3 weeks in NZ. Nice gardens, and quiet and peaceful. We stayed in room 7 and were warned that it was tiny. It was tiny with a tinier washroom. It was a converted shed and the décor reminded me of my grandparent's basement with cheap sheet panelling on the walls. I expect the room could also be hot in the Summer sun as well. We'd highly recommend you stay here, just not room 7. Very convenient to some local walks and the must-dine Huhu café, across the road.
- Also Known As:
- Waitomo Caves Guest Hotel Waitomo Caves
- Waitomo Caves Guest Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right in the heart of Waitomo Caves village, opposite the award winning Huhu Café and just a short walk to the Waitomo i-Site/Discovery Centre, the Waitomo Glowworm Caves, cave adventure tourist operators, the tavern and pizzeria. 8 quality ensuite studio units in a beautiful, peaceful, garden setting, with lovely views over the surrounding countryside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your Waitomo Caves Guest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.