“Great customer service ~ Clean & Aiport shuttle handy!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Bel Eyre Perth

You added Comfort Inn Bel Eyre Perth to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Bel Eyre Perth
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   285 Great Eastern Highway, Belmont, Western Australia 6104, Australia   |
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Belmont
KARRATHA
“Great customer service ~ Clean & Aiport shuttle handy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Both my husband and I have stayed here a few times and have had no problems at all! It is central to a shopping centre, the airport with a shuttle that runs on the hour. Meals are great and well priced. No hesistation in staying their again!

Very helpful staff too.

Room Tip: No problem with Great Eastern Highway so if you get a room near the highway dont be alarmed!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Claudia E, Manager at Comfort Inn Bel Eyre Perth, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you for your feed back. Our central location makes us the perfect stop for most guest's needs with our close proximity to the airport, main arterial road leading to the city centre, public transport availability and nearby fast food outlets, restaurants and shopping centres.
Our Restaurant is located on the property for our guest's and outside customer's convenience and offers an extensive a la carte menu at affordable prices.
The Great Eastern Highway has been widened to a three lane highway and this seems to have had no ill effects on the noise factor, in actual fact making the traffic more free flowing reducing noise levels.
The staff and myself look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

We stayed here for a night since we have an early morning flight the next day. Was rather apprehensive seeing all the reviews but it actually wasn't that bad.

Sure the deco may be a little dated but overall room was clean and comfortable. Couldn't ask for more than that. The beds were okay but pillows were a bit too soft for my liking.

The toilets were pretty big and clean. Only downside is shower area is a bit dark when you close the shower curtain.

When we came in the aircon wasn't working but . Phone call to receptionist and it was fixed 15 minutes later.

Didn't try out their pool or ate dinner there. Overall pretty good for a one night stay. Just don't expect 5 star amenities and you're good to go!

• Stayed December 2013
Tel Aviv, Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night ahead of our morning flight out of Perth International airport. I have to agree with the many reviewers in TA who have criticised this place.
Indeed this has been the only disappointing stay in our 3 week trip in Australia and NZ (see my many very positive reviews).
So what about the Comfort Inn Bel Eyre?
A very mediocre room, pretty much a relic of the 70s, could do with a real upgrade. Of the 3 Reception staff we met, one was indifferent,one was downright rude, and only one actually tried to be helpful.
The location is super convenient and we were looking forward to taking the free shuttle to the airport. However the surprise was that this only runs once an hour! So not really that convenient in the end as you end up having to leave much earlier than you really need, or paying $25 for a short taxi ride.
The most annoying thing here was that the receptionist assured us the hotel had no WIFI. Seriously? In this day and age, and at an airport hotel no less? When I said I had not heard of an airport hotel with no wifi, the rude receptionist replied "well now you have".
As we left in the morning I happened to see that there was indeed a wireless connection labeled Comfort Inn so now I don't know if she was even telling me the truth.
In summary, a very poor end to our wonderful holiday.
Perth urgently needs a better airport hotel for travellers. It's a great city and this was the only weak spot.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Claudia E, Manager at Comfort Inn Bel Eyre Perth, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for recent comments regarding your stay at our property. Having spoken with my Front Office Manager who was present upon your arrival, I believe your comments are magnified. Our rooms have been refurbished in 2009 and whilst the outer buildings have an art deco appearance the rooms are clean, comfortable and tidy as per many other reviewers fair comments that we receive.
With regard to the complimentary transfers to the airports a round trip to the 4 terminals does indeed take approx 45 minutes therefore we find this to be the only schedule that accommodates the majority of our guests. I am sorry that this did not suit you, however the staff members involved did offer other options.
Your bitter disappointment in the property not having wifi was acknowledged upon your arrival, and you were offered complimentary use of the guest computer in reception. Our website does state cabled broadband. This was again re-iterated to you upon check-in. I believe my staff tried to assist where possible however none of the alternate services offered seemed to meet with your requirements.
We are looking into upgrading our property in the near future and have taken your comments on-board.
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Arrived at airport and called for shuttle service. They said it was too early for check in , I said we understand but want to leave our bags there until room is ready. She then said shuttle was not operating and I should catch a cab. After arriving and giving details I asked if they could ring me when room is ready. They asked for my number but said I should just come back at 2pm and they probably won't call. No offer to pay for cab.
I rang 2 hours later and our room was ready. (No one had rung) Someone else called 30 min later just as we arrived back to tell us room was ready. Rooms are good size but bit dated. Even though right on highway rooms are well sound proofed. As I was moving our bags to reception to wait for bus to leave cleaning staff went into room even though I hadn't checked out. most of our gear had been removed but I hadn't given key back and it wasn't check out time, I still wanted to use bathroom.

Sandy was helpful on other matters, very good and the best of the staff, and after asking for reimbursement of cab fare on check out this was provided. Stayed at verandah apartments a few weeks ago and provided u don't need on site restaurant type amenities it is better value for accommodation near the airport. Bel eyre was expensive for what u got and isn't worth over $180 or so even by Perth standards.

Stayed December 2013
Mildura, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We were greeted with a very friendly and helpful receptionist who was willing to answer our questions. The room was small but very clean and tidy. We used the internet in the office and were not charged for it. Convenient of being close to the airport was good for the early flight to home.Bonus is they have a shuttle service and restaurant on site.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Although clean, comfortable and quiet, the room was tiny and very dated. Proximity to the airport was convenient and the only reason we chose to stay here for our early flight. Would have been happy to pay $100-120 for this room but at $190 felt it badly overpriced for the quality received. Will try elsewhere next time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Claudia E, Manager at Comfort Inn Bel Eyre Perth, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. The motel has been around for many years and whilst I appreciate that we are not a newly built property and a refurbishment was done in 2009, we pride ourselves in offering clean and comfortable accommodation with good customer service. Our rates are in line with other properties of same or similar standard and when considering 24 hour reception and airport transfers factored into the rate I am sure you would agree that the rate is quite affordable. I appreciate your comments.
Coppet, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

not the best start to our holiday in Australia !
disappointing old type of room (1960)
but worst was a bad breakfast for more than 20 AUD !
to be avoided ! I would imagine that these sort of places were ok 10 years ago but are now hopelessly outdated- circa 1960s. We were looking for a hotel which was open 24 hrs as our plane from Hong Kong only arrived at 11.30 so by the time we checked out and picked up a car it was quite late and this seemed our only option. So it was not a good experience although the reception was ok. The worst was the next morning with surly indifference at breakfast. I understand that this was not 5 star but there are limits of courtesy and hoping that cutlery might be on the table. The food what there was of it was overcooked and dried up and a disgraceful price. So this is not to be recommended and I am sorry to say this but it was absolutely awful.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Bel Eyre Perth? Share your experiences!