The apartments here are perfect for families. There is a lot of space, self contained kitchen and out door furniture that overlooks the heated pool.
You'll be sharing restaurants with Chateau Elan but that's not a problem at all, as there was plenty of room in the restaurants.
The bed was one of the best Ive ever slept on. So comfortable.
The only thing that was odd was that there was no reception; basically you go to the real estate office and to the side there is a couple of office tables there which serves as the reception area for the apartments - very odd way to begin the experience. They are only open from 8am to 8pm so not sure what happens outside these hours.
Overall we enjoyed our weekend here and would come again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Grand Mercure The Vintage Hunter Valley is situated just 2 hours drive north of Sydney and 30kms west of the heritage city of Maitland. Surrounded by vineyards, the Grand Mercure is located within The Vintage resort and features contemporary two bedroom 4.5 star luxury apartments that have been designed to complement the area's natural environment and prestigious location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Grand Mercure The Vintage Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure The Vintage Hunter Valley Hotel Rothbury
- Mercure Hotel Rothbury
- Grand Mercure The Vintage Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Rothbury